News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Frostbite

Started by GrindCustoms, October 31, 2014, 10:03:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sonarchotic

That is beautiful! I could see appreciating it for awhile. Enjoy!

lars

Those are some awesome pics! Looks like a great location for an epic movie scene. Thanks for sharing.

peterc

Affiliation: bizzaraudio.com

GrindCustoms

Glad to see that i'm not alone finding those place to have an appeal of their own.

I'll try to get good shots of the place i'm going next week, the landscape is similar but the action of the glacier that happened couple thousand years ago is different... there's loads of eratic rocks and boulders all over the place i can hardly imagine how the caribou can walk in that land. That mining site, CRI, is located right into the migration path of those cervidea, if lucky i might withness a cattle of thousands of them.... would be all of the badassery! :D

Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

Stomptown

First the jeep pics and now this! Your really making me miss my old job.  Working in remote locations is so liberating and peaceful. Your a lucky guy Rej!

GrindCustoms

Quote from: Stomptown on November 01, 2014, 07:59:12 AM
First the jeep pics and now this! Your really making me miss my old job.  Working in remote locations is so liberating and peaceful. Your a lucky guy Rej!

Thanks Jon!

I also feel lucky to have the opportunity to go in those place... i mean it's not as cool as going for holydays in Jamaica... but for any common mortal it cost more to travel up those place than any other destination. You oughta be freakin' minded to pay 3800$CAN for a plane ticket that brings you to no man's land and do some hiking and get eaten by a wolverine!  :o

I would'nt live there tho... i have bunch of respect for the native community that are up there and also ambiguous about how they perceive our intrusion in their land (yes they get well paid for the exploitation rights and all that but...!) 50 years ago there was no airport, school, hospital, grocery store... nothing, absolutely nothing from the modern man hand on their land.

Some folks say that it's nice for them.. but i do not totally agree. Prior to our exploitation over there, they had no form of economy. Nunavut or before the NorthWest Territory they where living from what the soil and nature was offering them, there was no modern vice around. You now see 11 years old children smoking cigarette, lots of alcoolism and violence among the community.... ...something that never happened in the past couple thousands of years.

Even if i make good money by working up there, my native roots and overall conscience is a bit tortured by the negative influence of our presence.

End of rant, there's always two distinctive sides to a medal... and most of the time we close our eyes on the darkest one, something we should'nt.

Rej

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

culturejam

Looks like Hoth. Where's the Rebel base?
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

selfdestroyer

I can't help from hearing the theme song to The Thing when looking at the desolation and snow of those pictures. lol

Cody

atreidesheir

Looks like it would be difficult to find a wet t-shirt contest in that community.
Technically we are all half-centaur. - Nick Offerman

jimilee

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

diablochris6

The scenery looks quite eerie and tranquil at the same time. I'm glad you took some pictures so I can see it within the warm confines of my house and while I drink some hot cocoa!
Build guides of my original designs and modifications here

jkokura

Jimi wins the internet today.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

juansolo

Awesome. Looks really peaceful.

Jeep was awesome too!
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

GrindCustoms

Haha! Jimi indeeds wins it for today! :D

Quote from: juansolo on November 02, 2014, 04:59:15 AM
Awesome. Looks really peaceful.

Jeep was awesome too!

Jeep is getting better now, most of the maintenance parts i ordered for it will be in this week along some nice upgrades.....  ;D

GrindCustoms

Last day of this other trip... waiting for the plane, freaking ugly out here right now. Hoping that the plane lands before a blizzard shows is fierce madness...

108 hours in 7 days, i'm now a master mind of the copper/nickel flottation-separation vessels.... lulz!

Can't wait to get back home and get back at my own work. ::)

Rej