News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Runt Egghead Egghead

Started by seedlings, October 30, 2014, 01:57:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seedlings

Runt feeding an Egghead feeding a (modified, always on) Egghead.  Great tones stacked together in one box.

CHAD

jprizz

WOW. At first glance at your gut shot my initial thought was 'he forgot the in/out jacks!' haha! That is insanely tidy on the inside. And I'm digging the graphics a lot too. The colors work great against the enclosure.

brand0nized

Quote from: jprizz on October 30, 2014, 04:02:10 PM
WOW. At first glance at your gut shot my initial thought was 'he forgot the in/out jacks!' haha! That is insanely tidy on the inside. And I'm digging the graphics a lot too. The colors work great against the enclosure.

That's exactly what I thought!

This looks awesome! Can you do a sound demo?

selfdestroyer

Super clean. Love the artwork for this one also. Great job.

Cody

alanp

Wow. I like the invisible jacks :)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

Leevibe

Gorgeous build. Points for the cloth covered wiring. Very nice!

seedlings

Quote from: brand0nized on October 30, 2014, 04:08:24 PM

Thx.  Yep, I'll get a demo up in the next couple of days.  Do you prefer single coils or humbuckers?

CHAD

bcalla

I really like the playing card graphics.  I downloaded a bunch of card designs a couple of years ago, still looking for an opportunity to use them.

wgc

cool,  dig the wires

interesting what you did with the daughter boards and the pcb mount pots.
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

lincolnic

Very, very cool. Great wiring too!

brand0nized

Quote from: seedlings on October 30, 2014, 07:22:53 PM

Thx.  Yep, I'll get a demo up in the next couple of days.  Do you prefer single coils or humbuckers?

CHAD
How about both?

seedlings

Quote from: brand0nized on October 31, 2014, 07:23:00 AM

Quote from: seedlings on October 30, 2014, 07:22:53 PM

CHAD
How about both?

Sure thing.

CHAD

seedlings

Quote from: bcalla on October 30, 2014, 08:55:57 PM
I really like the playing card graphics.  I downloaded a bunch of card designs a couple of years ago, still looking for an opportunity to use them.

I scanned my playing cards into the computer and used ... wait for it ... ms paint to do the graphic...

CHAD

Cortexturizer

https://kuatodesign.blogspot.com - thoughts on some pedals I made
https://soundcloud.com/kuato-design-stompboxes - sounds and jams

seedlings

Guitar is a Fender Marauder, and the video starts on the Jazzmaster neck pickup.  Later switch to bridge pickup, which is a Humbucker from Hell.

The amp is set very clean, a DIY KT66 push-pull amp with 12AX7 pre and 12AU7 PI (designed that way), and ALL drive is from the pedal.

One Egghead circuit is always on (red led) - last in pedal order.  It's modified with 2 2n4148 diodes one direction, and 1 2n4148 plus two 1n60p the other direction.  The voltage divider is 8k2//10k (like the Timmy).

The left footswitch engages a second Egghead circuit (green led) that is basically stock.  This circuit is second in pedal order.

The right footswitch (red led) is the Runt, and it is first in the pedal order.

Recorded with an android phone for nigh fidelity  :o

CHAD