News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

The Lady Scramjet - Current Lover

Started by mcasemo, October 28, 2014, 03:33:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mcasemo

Here is my completed Current Lover, The Lady Scramjet.  The little eye shaped thingys are diagrams of a scramjet engine. Flangers can sound like jet engines, so that is how the name came about. i suppose a design/name should not require explanation, but i think it looks kinda cool.  I have not finished the CV in wiring, just a few wires to solder up, but figured i post.  I want to try to control the rate from the envelope follower of the naughty fish, but have to build that next to try it out.  Thanks to Scruffie for pointing out my chip install mistake, this thing sounds awesome.

I totally gave into a layout of vertical pots before realizing the board had pot mounts, so just used the switch to mount the board.  That caused the input jack to run right into the board, so i have it cocked to the side and mounted very high to avoid interference.  Looking at the pic, i cocked it the wrong way on re-install, whoops.  Anyway, there it is....

cheers,
Mark

selfdestroyer

Awesome in every way. From the artwork to the controls layout. Outstanding job.

Cody

mcasemo

Thanks Cody, just clicked on your blog, nice etchings!  I've failed at etching, think i need a different laser printer (it can't be me right?).  going to retry soon. 

cheers, mark

bcalla

I like this pedal a lot - great work!.  Nice photo, too.  I like the reflection off the granite countertop.

wgc

Great build, very cool to see someone using a different enclosure
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

Cortexturizer

https://kuatodesign.blogspot.com - thoughts on some pedals I made
https://soundcloud.com/kuato-design-stompboxes - sounds and jams

Matt

Very nice. Can't wait to find out how the envelope follower works
Matt

Leevibe

Cool build. That's a fun way to lay out the controls and it's fun to see the octagon. Very cool.