News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

EDDIE (non MB, Wampler Pinnacle)

Started by bigrigg, October 27, 2014, 01:00:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigrigg

Hey all,
3 guesses what this pedal sounds like and the first 2 don't count.  Amazing distortion pedal that is very versatile.  Much more than a brown sound in a box.
Layout at tagboardeffects.  It squealed like a pig until I used the shielded wiring.  Shielded on inputs, tone pot and boost switch.  Now it's dead quiet.  Quite a bit of off board wiring and a bit bulky with all the shielded cable.  Again, tons of useable tones from light to high gain and even some fuzz territory. Enviro coating on box.  Hope you like and enjoy!  Thanks to Brian Wampler, from whom I have purchased a few fine pedals.
Thanks to Madbean for many builds prior and good pedal learnings stuff.

Leevibe

Nicely done inside and out. I love the chunky look of all that shielded cable.

brejna

wgc

I was expecting an iron maiden theme from the title, Evh very cool too!

Nice build!
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

bigrigg

Quote from: brejna on October 27, 2014, 07:07:44 AM
Nice build! Did you match fets or?
No matching with the mu-amp circuit.  Didn't seem to matter.  Some find the drain resistor on Q5 is about all you need to play with for a voltage adjustment.

Hogharry

Looks great and the Eddie theme worked out very well. There's a huge amount of layouts over at Tagboard these days. I saw Van Halen on the VH2 tour (obviously I was very young!) They had a hum on the PA and their solution was to turn everything up and "play over the top of it". I don't think my hearing has ever recovered. Best add thus new to my todo list...
...and then of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left hand side...

diablochris6

Looks sharp! I plan on getting a PCB made of this for a future build.
Build guides of my original designs and modifications here