News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Two... Headed... Blue Monster!!!

Started by AntKnee, October 26, 2014, 07:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AntKnee

A big thanks to Bengt for giving me artistic freedom with his young artist's concept. I really enjoyed this build. It was a bit of a challenge to get everything to sit correctly with this knob configuration, but it turned out to be one of my personal best and cleanest builds. I borrowed Juan's idea of concealing the LED under the decal. I didn't turn it on for the pic, but it is in the space between their necks.

I'm not sure about the knobs... I'll probably swap them to blue to fit the theme, or red would look good, too. Not sure how, but a couple of dog hairs made it into my envirotex on the first try, had to pull it off, scrape the decal and start over.

After some trial and error with finishing techniques on my previous builds, I really prefer the bare box with the full color decal on white water slide paper, topped with envirotex. Its cheap and easy and I don't have to mess with any rattle cans.

I'm still waiting for some parts, and you may notice the missing IC. So, no I haven't rocked it, but I just boxed it anyway. I'm living on the edge!

Oh, to anyone that wishes to build with this layout, I suggest putting the power connection elsewhere, perhaps the opposite side by the output. The way I have it, I barely do not have enough room to put a battery in there. I could if I used an external power connection, but I don't care for the appearance of those, personally.

I build, and once in a while I might sell, pedals as "Vertigo Effects".

cooder

BigNoise Amplification

Leevibe

I love it! You forgot all the wires though!!

Vallhagen

Ah, mr Anthony! I'm quite excited watching your result:) ... and your version of the artwork is indeed cool! Very artistic and made with great respect of the original. I'll definitely show it to "my origin artist" :)

Cool that you solved the pot positioning your own way as well.

Allover, im impressed! Now you just need that quad-thing-IC to rock it!

(and hey, I don't care much for battery power either... I can get a quality wallwart for the price of three 9V batteries... a bit of a no-brainer. I have actually never tried to run the Blüe Monster on batteries).

Keep up the good work!
Cheers
Bengt
Yes i still have Blüe Monster pcb-s for sale!

...and checkout: https://moodysounds.se/

m-Kresol

Cool build, very clean! And I agree with you that red knobs could look very good on this one matching the lettering
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

AntKnee

Thanks, everyone!

Quote from: Leevibe on October 27, 2014, 01:16:39 AM
I love it! You forgot all the wires though!!

Where? The grounds on the 3pdt board are all connected, only have to connect one. Output grounded at the box. LED is run from the 3pdt.  ;)

Quote from: Vallhagen on October 27, 2014, 03:32:13 PM
Ah, mr Anthony! I'm quite excited watching your result:) ... and your version of the artwork is indeed cool! Very artistic and made with great respect of the original. I'll definitely show it to "my origin artist" :)

Cool that you solved the pot positioning your own way as well.

Allover, im impressed! Now you just need that quad-thing-IC to rock it!

(and hey, I don't care much for battery power either... I can get a quality wallwart for the price of three 9V batteries... a bit of a no-brainer. I have actually never tried to run the Blüe Monster on batteries).

Keep up the good work!
Cheers
Bengt

Let me know what he thinks! I am glad you like it. The knob layout was a necessity since I normally dont watch my foot when I'm playing. I am fairly certain I would kick that master knob eventually the way it was.
I build, and once in a while I might sell, pedals as "Vertigo Effects".

Vallhagen

Quote from: AntKnee on October 28, 2014, 12:28:17 AM

Let me know what he thinks!

Absolutely:). He's away til Friday, so you have to be patient til upcoming weekend with the response though;)

Cheerio
Yes i still have Blüe Monster pcb-s for sale!

...and checkout: https://moodysounds.se/