News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Foolish Drive (Duplex Drive)

Started by selfdestroyer, October 21, 2014, 02:31:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

selfdestroyer

So I got this put together and I just can not seem to find any knobs on hand that work well with it.. Can you guys give me some suggestions? Toss me some links in the comments. I usually order from Mouse, Small Bear or very seldomly from Mammoth.

This is Dark Horse Effects Duplex Drive. I have been sitting on this PCB way to long and really wanted to get it to see the light of day. Man, I am so glad I did as this thing sounds fantastic. The 2 stack really well together. I went with a "cornish" theme a little, but my take on it. The paint is a Midnight metallic black and looks awesome in person but not so good under my office light. It was hard to take a picture with out a refection. I used my usual methods of destruction on the enclosure. Sorry for the flood recently, I find it easier to etch many things at once than one at a time.

UPDATE: added knobs FINALLY!

Cody

jubal81

Bad. Ass.

I think it's begging for some diamond knurl aluminum.
Smallbear link

"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

selfdestroyer

Quote from: jubal81 on October 21, 2014, 02:53:43 AM
Bad. Ass.

I think it's begging for some diamond knurl aluminum.
Smallbear link

oh, those look nice.. I hate how small bear does not put the measurements for their knobs. Do you happen to know the diameter before I email them and ask?

Cody

jubal81

I can measure when I get home. I have a few I'm saving for something special.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

chuckbuick

That's a beauty.  The stomps look like an alien rib-cage.  Also, I like Jason's knob suggestion.  Those would look terrific on that box.

cooder

Awesome stuff again! 8) You're pumping them out....!
BigNoise Amplification

Stomptown

Dang Cody! This is amazingly beautiful and +1 on the SB diamond knurl Al's!

electricb

Awesome job. Your etches are unreal and I'm glad you like the board. The Cornish stuff does sound great. If you can separate the circuit from the price tag, his circuits are pretty damn good. I think the silver knobs would look awesome too!

Tremster

Awesome as always. Someday you'll have to post a group picture of all your builds.

Leevibe

You're making this look way too effortless Cody! Nice job making everything fit and having it be so tidy. It's become a cliche to say that your etches are amazing.

I have those knobs in a straight knurl and I want to say they are in the 5/8" to 3/4" ballpark. They would look sweet on there too.

wgc

Sweet build!  That switch wiring is awesome.

Love the suggested knobs but some black aluminum might look great too.

Blms has some on closeout.
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

selfdestroyer

Thanks for the kind words everyone. It seems I always wait to etch enclosures when I have 4 or 5 ready to go and do them all at once. Then I setup a assembly line and run through them.

Quote from: electricb on October 21, 2014, 12:29:31 PM
Awesome job. Your etches are unreal and I'm glad you like the board. The Cornish stuff does sound great. If you can separate the circuit from the price tag, his circuits are pretty damn good. I think the silver knobs would look awesome too!

Thanks so much. I totally agree with you, he definetly has some great sounding mods to existing circuits.

Quote from: Tremster on October 21, 2014, 12:48:41 PM
Awesome as always. Someday you'll have to post a group picture of all your builds.
That's a great idea and since I can never seems to get rid of anything it would be easy to setup. lol

Quote from: Leevibe on October 21, 2014, 12:52:35 PM
You're making this look way too effortless Cody! Nice job making everything fit and having it be so tidy. It's become a cliche to say that your etches are amazing.

I have those knobs in a straight knurl and I want to say they are in the 5/8" to 3/4" ballpark. They would look sweet on there too.
Haha, Just a case of a fat man stuck inside his home with a desk ridden hobby and a VERY understanding wife. Thanks for the knob measurements, now to see if they will overlap any of my text.

Thanks for the knob suggestions. I think I will order a few to try.

Cody

midwayfair

Quote from: selfdestroyer on October 21, 2014, 02:57:12 AMI hate how small bear does not put the measurements for their knobs.

Huh?

"Aluminum, Knurled, Black Index
11/16-inch diameter at the skirt. Vertical or diamond knurl, click for choice."
http://www.smallbearelec.com/servlet/Categories?category=Knobs%3AAluminum

selfdestroyer

Quote from: midwayfair on October 21, 2014, 04:56:12 PM
Quote from: selfdestroyer on October 21, 2014, 02:57:12 AMI hate how small bear does not put the measurements for their knobs.

Huh?

"Aluminum, Knurled, Black Index
11/16-inch diameter at the skirt. Vertical or diamond knurl, click for choice."
http://www.smallbearelec.com/servlet/Categories?category=Knobs%3AAluminum

so its on the "short" description but not when you actually click on the product?
http://www.smallbearelec.com/servlet/Detail?no=690

Unless I am blind.. the wife says my "male blindness" is strong. lol

Cody

Hexjibber

Excellent build dude! Wasn't aware of this project but have just been reading about Cornish stuff and wondering what all the hubbub was about!