News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Aquaboy delay help

Started by ntkrik, October 20, 2014, 11:54:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ntkrik

Hi,
I bought recently an aquaboy pcb. I populated it with pre-measured components. I used MN3008, MN3101 and SA571. The compander works properly and the clock as well, MN3008 recieves signal on pin 7 but only clock signal on pin 3 on IC3. Both ICs recieve correct Vgg and Vdd. The zener and the 1n914 are omitted. The jumpers are set to MN3008 according to your pdf.
No signal on IC4. If IC3 removed, signal appears on pin 7 and clock on pin 3 but still no delay signal, only dry signal. My friend built exactly the same project (I ordered the IC set for him) and exactly the same happened.
Tried to play randomly with trimmers, but only dry signal, nothing affects the signal and no delayed signal. Tried to switch jumpers as chinese mn3008's sometimes have opposit grounding (mine should be NOS from banzai). Anyone has any tips what else could be done?
All the best,
KrisztiƔn

jighead81

Does this happen with other BBD's?  How sure are you about these MN3008's? Have any pics and voltages?

Stomptown

I had the same experience with my aquaboy DX build and the BBDs/compander did work the aquaboy 2010 build I put together thereafter. Unfortunately I bever did find a solution so I'll be following this thread closely...

Scruffie

You switched the jumpers? Well if your BBDs did work you've probably just damaged them... what gave you the idea that sometimes positive and negative are flipped on BBDs? I really hope it's not that post I made about once finding a BBD that worked upside down...

Random guessing isn't a good way to get something as complicated as a delay circuit working, you need to post the standard debugging information, starting with your voltages.
Works at Lectric-FX