News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Trainwreck-ish pedal

Started by selfdestroyer, October 18, 2014, 11:38:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

selfdestroyer

This is a VIPFx Pastie Drive which is modeled after the W@mpler Paisley Drive. I wrote this pedal off due to the "Brad Paisley" name being attached to it and I wish I hadn't. Its a great sounding overdive and can get pretty growly mid/hi gain also. The mid contour switch is probably my favorite thing about this pedal can get a great sounding mid hump/boost.

Reverse etch with some basic Wamp artwork and the Trainwreck logo for fun. Not my best etch but its useable. There was some breakup on the trainwreck logo and looks like I had a small low spot next to the LED hole. Oh well...

Guts

I am loving these new 1/4" jacks, thanks again Jon (Stomptown) for the group by and I really should of got 100 instead of 50. lol

Cody

alanp

I take it the Paisley Drive is based on the T'w Express amp? That's the big name, of the three T'w amp models.

Very nicely done!
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

cooder

Awesome build again and the green shaggy carpet still rocks too!  8)
BigNoise Amplification

m-Kresol

I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

jimilee

That dude can play some guitar, have you ever really watched him? I really do not like country at all, but he's worth watching. Pedal looks great!!!
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

G.G.

the etch looks great, super clean inside and out!

Leevibe

Cody, your merely usable etch is better than most of the rest of us will ever achieve. Well done!

Quote from: jimilee on October 19, 2014, 10:10:32 AM
That dude can play some guitar, have you ever really watched him? I really do not like country at all, but he's worth watching. Pedal looks great!!!

This! If you've never listened to the album "Play," you should. I'm not into country either, but there is so much great guitar playing all over it.

catfud

wgc

Quote from: jimilee on October 19, 2014, 10:10:32 AM

+1, he's a great player. I'm also not a country fan, but there are some fantastic players

Love the build!
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

brejna

Great build as always :)
Question: ''How deep is your etch?''

jubal81

Just plain awesome. We see so many of these, you're making them seem normal, but I still stop at every one with a wide-eyed WOW. Stellar.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

Droogie

Beautiful build! That's one classy box!

Quote from: alanp on October 19, 2014, 01:28:17 AM
I take it the Paisley Drive is based on the T'w Express amp? That's the big name, of the three T'w amp models.

Very nicely done!

It's a Tube Screamer variant with mid contour and one or two other mods. And BP can sure play!
Chief Executive Officer in Charge of Burrito Redistribution at Hytone Electric

alanp

Hmmm... I was kinda hoping for a valve-fet adaptation of Fischer's legendary amps... oh well :)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

Guitarmageddon

Quote from: alanp on October 20, 2014, 05:40:41 AM
Hmmm... I was kinda hoping for a valve-fet adaptation of Fischer's legendary amps... oh well :)
I'm surprised this hasn't ben done...yet. Beyond me, but a fairly simple amp...;) 
I've built this too, it's a TS, but has some interesting options.

Beautiful etch!  8)
Spud knows tone!

Captain Cod at
www.codtone.com

jetblackelectrics

Great work. Inside and out! How is your painting process? How do you clean up the letters?