News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Triple Crown Overdrive

Started by selfdestroyer, October 12, 2014, 02:09:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

selfdestroyer

FINALLY got my Kingslayer II done. Man, I really lost track of this build and was sure glad to get it completed. I really like this overdrive so far but I really need to play with the "fat" switch some more. I don't notice any difference is tone at all on my Princeton Reverb... I will try with it with Logic Pro and see if its just the amp masking the fat tone.

I used the stock D1 & D2 and I found some NOS AY20 diodes that I could not find any info on but they sounded great to me so I left them in there. I chickened out and went with the 125B enclosure and I reversed etched the artwork. I used a emerald green lacquer paint with gold flakes and when I wet sanded the reverse etch it took off some of the gold flakes. You can only see it if you get up pretty close but its still annoying. Looks like the gold flakes float to the top of the clear coat in the lacquer.

All in all I am happy with it and its a great add to my OD arsenal.

Cody

jubal81

Daaaamit, Cody. That's gorgeous. It's too sexy for those, knobs, though. Alumify!
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

jkokura

Wow! Nice etch on that graphic.

Great build Cody

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

GrindCustoms

Very nice one man! Agreed on the knobs too, it derserves some fancyness :)
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

wgc

Sweet, love the color and the graphic is awesome. Beautiful etch.

You won't hear any comments about the knobs from me. :)
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

Stomptown

The green carpet awakens with another fine build!  I see you put those Kobiconn jacks to use as well! Very nice...

Leevibe

m-Kresol

Very nice indeed. Love the artwork. Simple, yet effective.
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

TGP39

Incredible as usual Cody.  I kind of like the knobs too, but then again, I'm blind as a bat. If only I had the hearing of a bat. If only....
Follow me on Instagram under PharmerFx.

Jabulani Jonny

Dude that reverse etch is sweeeeet!!!  Learning to etch is still on my todo list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jonathan

gtr2

1776 EFFECTS STORE     
Contract PCB designer

cooder

Super build and the green carpet rocks! 8)
BigNoise Amplification

Hexjibber

Another very fine example man! The lines are super sharp on that etch! I've ordered some purple metallic spray and clear coat, hoping I will get results like yours!

Bret608

Sweet looking and makes me want to try the KS. I'm not sure a 125b was chickening out as it actually looks a little tight in there!

pickdropper

Just beautiful.  I really dig the way the stomp washer nestles in under the text.  Looks very well planned.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper