News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Source for large enclosures?

Started by PhiloB, October 05, 2014, 12:04:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhiloB

So I've had a guy ask he can add a delay, tremolo and reverb to the overdrive (he's decided to go with Azabache, thanks for the feed back on the JFET overdrive post!!).  He wants it all in one box.  It looks like it would need to be 8.5" in width with the projects/pcbs I'm looking at.  (TH Customs Azabache, 1776 Effects Multiplex Jr, Cardinal Trem, Rub a Dub Deluxe).
Any recommendations?  Ive checked Mammoth and PedalPartsPlus and 7.38" seems to be the largest.
Thanks,
Phillip

pickdropper

Check out the Hammond 1550G.  You can get them from Mouser.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

Soup39

alanp

There's also the 1456 series from Hammond, they look quite sharp! (And you can pull off a Lovetone look to them, I did this with my Moosapotamus ADA flanger.)

http://www.hammondmfg.com/dwg16Steel.htm
http://www.hammondmfg.com/dwg16.htm#15degree
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

PhiloB

Thanks Pickdropper!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PhiloB

That's cool Alan.

juansolo

1550G is as big as I've ever used. Can get five stomps on it and they're not so ridiculously spaced that you need winkle pickers to use it. Tonnes of space in it. It's actually a little too big at times when it comes to assembly... But I'll be making another one of these shortly as it needs to fit 6 effects in there and a few of them are 125B sized.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

PhiloB

The projects I'm using all have board mounted pots and they won't fit side by side in the 1550G (according to my efforts.  I found the 1550J (10.8"x6.8") on mouser.  Here is my initial mockup.  Any feedback Juan would be appreciated.

PhiloB

Holy crap, that's not the image I posted!! Never seen that girl.

jkokura

What on earth is a Winkle Picker?

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

juansolo

Pointy shoes.

Six stomps rules out the 1550G anyhow. But you want to think 3D when it comes to putting them in. Use solid core and you can be a little creative with the layout.

Drop the loop and I think you could get that in a 1550G ok if your diagram is covering the size of the PCBs.

PhiloB

Thanks for the input Juan!

Guitarmageddon

Quote from: PhiloB on October 05, 2014, 12:56:15 PMHere is my initial mockup.  Any feedback Juan would be appreciated.

I imagine Juan would suggest the walls be blood splattered and she be holding a large axe or perhaps a samurai sword.

For Jacob (or anyone else that doesn't remember the 60's or late 80's); Winklepickers:

Spud knows tone!

Captain Cod at
www.codtone.com

juansolo

Quote from: Guitarmageddon on October 06, 2014, 01:17:18 AM
Quote from: PhiloB on October 05, 2014, 12:56:15 PMHere is my initial mockup.  Any feedback Juan would be appreciated.

I imagine Juan would suggest the walls be blood splattered and she be holding a large axe or perhaps a samurai sword.

It's definitely lacking brutality or awesomness.