News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Gigatrem - TTT - music PCB

Started by LaceSensor, October 03, 2014, 01:28:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaceSensor

Here is my fourth take on the MusicPCB Tap Tempo Tremolo / Gigatrem

This was a bitch to get rid of the tick, dont think ive totally managed it to be frank.
It only affects the ramp, which you can avoid by selecting triangle and wave distort it for the same sound, the square wave and random

I decided this time to do the "resistor string on rotary dial"
If I were to do this again Id probably skip a few modes with the correct resistor values for convenience sake.
I have no plans for this other than to probably pass it to my cousins husband who was asking me about trems a while ago.
He likes classic sine wave trem, so the tick on teh square and ramps wouldnt bother him as I doubt he would use those modes

The other thing I did new for this build was add a small momentary multiplier step switch which skips the rate set by the tap tempo through various subdivisions. neat!

Enjoy pics

Leevibe

brejna

I didn't know that this pedal can be build this clean... Awesome (Y)

Brane

lincolnic

I love that resistor conga line. Can you tell us a bit more about the multiplier step switch?

LaceSensor

It steps you through the multiplier tap devisions every time you push it is all

lincolnic

I was asking about the implementation, actually.

wgc

always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

LaceSensor

Quote from: lincolnic on October 06, 2014, 04:15:29 AM
I was asking about the implementation, actually.

Its standard in the v2 code of the Tap chip. There are 2 pads labelled "EXP" on the  PCB,  you simply hook up a SPST push to make (normally open) switch. It could be a footswitch too, that would have been cool actually. It kinda doubles the rate every time you click it (but not actually, its a subdivision setting soft for triplets, dotted 8th etc)

hope that clarifies? Its all explained in the PDF accompanying the tap LFO chip

lincolnic

Cheers, makes sense - I haven't seen the TAPLFO PDF or the TTT circuit boards yet, so I was unaware. Thanks for the explanation.

raulduke

Nice build as usual Lace!

I also couldn't get rid of the ticking on the Music PCB tap-trem I built (like you say with square and ramp waveforms).

It's been sat in the corner of my music room for god knows how long. Tempted to take the Tap LFO chip out and use it for something else.

Guybrush

The ticking on my build drives me mad. I'm certain it's something to do with the LDR I'm using reacting badly when the LED shuts off. I need to try a few LDRs with different light tolerances to see if can find a good one.

raulduke

I used the recommended Vactrol and mine still ticks.

I don't like the effect enough to look into it in detail though.

Guybrush

It's so strange. Some people report no ticking at all and others can't use the pedal due to the tick. I've built 2 and had the problem with both.

bcalla

Nice build, Lace.  The rotary switch makes a lot of sense for the waveform.  I used one for the multiplier, too.

I love this effect, I use mine all the time.  I never had any tick with mine, and I didn't do anything special to suppress it.  It just happened.

LaceSensor

Quote from: bcalla on October 08, 2014, 10:54:51 PM
Nice build, Lace.  The rotary switch makes a lot of sense for the waveform.  I used one for the multiplier, too.

I love this effect, I use mine all the time.  I never had any tick with mine, and I didn't do anything special to suppress it.  It just happened.

hi, can you post gut shot please? also what LDR / LEDs did you use, and did you use a rate LED or not?

without the rate indicator LED this can be completelt fixed I found...