News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

How do I stop the buzz????

Started by Lokstarr, October 01, 2014, 11:44:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lokstarr

Hey guys, Finished my bumble bee fuzz after hours of noobish mistakes. I plug in and straight away theres a amp destroying buzz coming through the amp. I can hear a little signal from the guitar, but not mutch fuzz. The buzz intensifys or lessens depending on how you are touching the out put jack, but it never goes away. Please help!!

jkokura

Hey there, sounds like you've got a frustrating situation on your hands.

If you haven't read this yet, you should: http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=902.0

There are a lot of great suggestions and tips for troubleshooting, and it will also help you give us the information that we need to help you when you get stuck.

We will get you going, so don't lose hope.

Jacob
JMK Pedals - Custom Pedal Creations
JMK PCBs *New Website*
pedal company - youtube - facebook - Used Pedals

Lokstarr

Ah. Well. I seem to have (in my ignorance) broken the golden rule and I have rocked it before I boxed it. Upon reading the guide lines of question asking, I also realise that my discription may have been lacking. I have double checked the wireing and part postions. I have substituted the o75 transistors with matched AC125 germanians, and instead of using 1n4001 diode for D2 I used a 1n34a. The wire im using is second hand (salveged from another one of my projects) but is not broken inside the casing. I have hooked the battery straight into the board (red wire GND black wire -9v.) The project is the bumble bee. The problem is stated in my first post on this thred. Thanks.

dont-tase-me-bro

I thought this would save me money.

wgc

I'm guessing the pos ground caused a wiring mistake elsewhere, like 3pdt per don't tase me mentioned.

Also double check pinout on germs
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

Bret608

That kind of overwhelming buzz almost always mean a grounding issue as far as I know.

D2 is just for polarity protection, so you might want to use a 1n34 for those in the future as they're comparatively rare.

Could you post some pictures of the inside of your build?

midwayfair

Don't use a germanium diode for polarity protection. They are unsuitable for too many reasons to list.

Bret608

Whoops, I meant to say "might not want to use a 1n34..."!  ;D

Lokstarr

Thanks, I think that there is a problem with the foot switch wiring and the positive ground. I shall also replace the diode. Thanks for your help.