News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Doom Face

Started by Hexjibber, September 20, 2014, 03:13:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hexjibber

A concoction of my own, I call it the Doom Face!

It's a COT50 (acting as a sort of pre gain/boost) going into a silicon Fuzz Face (Q1 - MPSA13 Darlington / Q2 - BC108) that then goes into a Stratoblaster to push the amp input stage harder.

Also put a rotary input tone cap switch on the FF to dial in extra low end (goes up to 10u) and also more gain. Big caps all round for max low end. The result is a massive saturated wall of fuzz, perfect for dooming up!

Heavily inspired by Nick @Dunwich Amps who also gave me some tips on how to doom out a Fuzz Face, nice one!

All Fuzz Dog boards, box etched with Caustic as per norm. I also used the font from the game Doom for extra doom. Doom.

rullywowr

That's bad ass. The simplicity combined with great artwork is sweet.  Bet it sounds brutal.

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

pickdropper

Haha, love the Doom font.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

culturejam

Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

gordo

Oh man, we need audio on this puppy.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

TGP39

This is awesome!  I'm seeing so many great etches lately!   I'm having quite a hard time just getting the etching mask to look decent.  Inside is fantastic too!
Follow me on Instagram under PharmerFx.

jubal81

Whoa! Now that is way cool.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

lincolnic

selfdestroyer

When it's engaged does the ground open up and the the beast, who name shall not be named, arises only to punish the ones that do not possess the powers of the so called "Doom Face"? or is it just face melting?

I would not change a thing.. looks fantastic. And the Doom font brough back memories...thanks for that.

Cody

catfud

That's one grizzled looking space marine etch! Very nice build, +1 re audio :)

sonarchotic

Man those caustic etches of yours are so clean! Love it! I'm a fan of the doom circuits too.

Hexjibber

Nice one guys, thanks for your kind words! Been dooming out on my 5watt practice amp all weekend with this one! Can't wait to try it through my proper rig!

Re: audio clip, will see what I can do, I don't really have regular access to recording gear though which is a bugger!

chuckbuick

Bret608

This looks awesome...I think Dunwich were the right folks to turn to! That reminds me, I miss Magic S. (bigmufffuzzwhiz) here on the forum.

Fuzz Dog boards, you say? I will have to check them out as well...

Hexjibber

Quote from: Bret608 on September 22, 2014, 02:30:23 PM
Fuzz Dog boards, you say? I will have to check them out as well...

Used to be called Poodle's Pedal Parts who you may have heard of already? Good dude and good boards!