News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

NAD: 68' Fender Princeton Reverb Custom

Started by selfdestroyer, September 19, 2014, 06:38:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

selfdestroyer

It finally got here.. It was a killer 6 days waiting.

I had a blast tonight in the living room with the amp and by Epi Riviera along with a 1776 Effects Multiplex and a Madbean La Vache. The reverb and trem are my favorite part of this little amp. Its just so classic sounding and makes me think of sixties tunes right off the bat.

I am so glad Timbo suggested this amp to me and I think this little guy will fit the bill perfectly.

Cody

Cortexturizer

Congrats! The VOX can wait until you decide playing in stereo ;)
Great choice!
https://kuatodesign.blogspot.com - thoughts on some pedals I made
https://soundcloud.com/kuato-design-stompboxes - sounds and jams

peAk

ahhh....Cody, I am so jealous!!! This is exactly what I want.

It's a beauty!

Morgan

Congrats!  :)

Quote from: selfdestroyer on September 19, 2014, 06:38:07 AMI had a blast tonight in the living room with the amp and by Epi Riviera along with a 1776 Effects Multiplex and a Madbean La Vache.
Wow - what a great combo for that amp! I could be happy for dayz with those 4 things all connected together.
Moderator at BYOC, still sometimes futz around with Leila Vintage Electronics.

Old Blog...

pickdropper

I really like Princeton Reverbs.  At some point, I'd like to have one around here.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

Govmnt_Lacky

White coily cable??

Is that you.... German Dude?  ;D  ::)

selfdestroyer

Quote from: Govmnt_Lacky on September 19, 2014, 11:00:48 PM
White coily cable??

Is that you.... German Dude?  ;D  ::)

LOL white coily cable of justice and truth! Gotta love that guy.

Im going to try to get this out of the apartment this weekend and get to crank it a bit. I was laughing when I turned it on the first time and I thought it would not have enough clean headroom for my living room, I can barely get it over 2 on the volume before it gets a little too loud for the wife. So I am very happy with it and am really happy with the sound of this amp. Straight classic sounding.

Cody

jtn191

culturejam

That's a sweet "little" amp. Damn, now I want one.  ;D
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

pryde

Congrats, great little amp.

I just had one in the shop for a cap job last week. I didn't want to give it back to the owner  :)

jubal81

"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

Leevibe

Congrats! What a sweetheart of an amp. Great score!

peAk

selfdestroyer

Well I got to crank it this weekend and it sounded fantastic. I am really happy with this amp and look forward to aging with it. If I was to complain about anything I would say it does hum when the reverb is turned up past 6 but I only notice it when I am playing on the floor right in front of it. I may pull the reverb tube and try a replacement this week.

Quote from: peAk on September 22, 2014, 11:29:12 AM
Hey Cody,

Can I ask what you paid for it?

I paid retail ($849) from Sweetwater since they have a 24 month no interest on their credit card. Their card has high interest so I don't use it much unless I can pay it off in a month or two but when they run the 24 month deal I usually spring for new gear.

Cody

peAk

Quote from: selfdestroyer on September 22, 2014, 05:20:23 PM
Well I got to crank it this weekend and it sounded fantastic. I am really happy with this amp and look forward to aging with it. If I was to complain about anything I would say it does hum when the reverb is turned up past 6 but I only notice it when I am playing on the floor right in front of it. I may pull the reverb tube and try a replacement this week.

Quote from: peAk on September 22, 2014, 11:29:12 AM
Hey Cody,

Can I ask what you paid for it?

I paid retail ($849) from Sweetwater since they have a 24 month no interest on their credit card. Their card has high interest so I don't use it much unless I can pay it off in a month or two but when they run the 24 month deal I usually spring for new gear.

Cody

Yeah, I hear you. I have a Guitar Center card I do the same with. They offer 15 and 18 month from time to time.

I really, really, really want a Princeton like that. I know some people like the blackface but I actually prefer the look of the silverface better.

Anyway, awesome man. Enjoy!