News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Digitech Drop

Started by madbean, September 18, 2014, 01:03:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

juansolo

Quote from: madbean on September 20, 2014, 12:55:51 AMThe enclosure is very heavy duty -  a bit wider than the 1590B but almost a half inch lower in height. Really cool. I would love to have some enclosures like this.

Camden Boss RTM5003/13-NAT is like that, which is my box if choice. Surprisingly substantial. A little fatter than a 1590B and quite a bit more shallow. Really compact.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

raulduke

Pitchfork looks really good fun.

Gonna treat myself to one me thinks!

Cortexturizer

I can't believe EHX. Damnit. Now I have to have one.
https://kuatodesign.blogspot.com - thoughts on some pedals I made
https://soundcloud.com/kuato-design-stompboxes - sounds and jams

drolo

At least it's good to see that after a couple of years of noodling around and coming out with countless (pointless?) distortion/overdrive/fuzz boxes that perhaps no one needs, EHX is finally going back to what they are best at :-)
Perhaps they needed that time to develop the new stuff (a bit like bands that bring out a "Greatest Hits" album just to stay present on the market while they come up with something new)

raulduke

Yep EHX rule.

There is no denying it.

They are the big daddy as far as I am concerned!

Scruffie

Quote from: drolo on October 08, 2014, 08:55:28 AM
At least it's good to see that after a couple of years of noodling around and coming out with countless (pointless?) distortion/overdrive/fuzz boxes that perhaps no one needs, EHX is finally going back to what they are best at :-)
Perhaps they needed that time to develop the new stuff (a bit like bands that bring out a "Greatest Hits" album just to stay present on the market while they come up with something new)
I think i'm right in saying in an interview Mike Matthews did fairly recently he basically said all the drives etc were just to bring in quick cash to fund stuff like this as they sell and were easy to make.

What I can't believe is the manual, only 30mA current draw and can use a battery!
Works at Lectric-FX

pickdropper

Quote from: madbean on October 07, 2014, 11:54:28 PM
Quote from: pickdropper on October 07, 2014, 10:55:27 PM
That sounds great.

I'm probably getting a B9 in trade, but I think it's a bit more of a novelty.  I think I'd use the Pitchfork more.

Entirely possible.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

drolo

Quote from: Scruffie on October 08, 2014, 11:35:45 AM

What I can't believe is the manual, only 30mA current draw and can use a battery!

For the pitch fork ? Wow

Muadzin

*checks EHX wishlist of pedals he already wants to have*
- Deluxe Big Muff Pi
- Another 44 Magnum
- B9
- Pog2/Micropog
- EHX Tortion
- Hog 2
- Holy Grail
- Ring Thing
- Slammi
- Tone Tattoo

*shakes fist in anger at EHX*

Damn you, Mike Matthews, damn you to hell!

Holy Moses! You really can't turn your back towards EHX for a second or they'll release yet another pedal!

madbean

I really like the Drop but I'm still within the return window @ Sweetwater. It's really tempting...the Pitch Fork has some things on it I would definitely use.

Scruffie

Quote from: madbean on October 08, 2014, 02:33:42 PM
I really like the Drop but I'm still within the return window @ Sweetwater. It's really tempting...the Pitch Fork has some things on it I would definitely use.
I don't know how much the Drop cost you and if the quote I heard is correct, but the EHX could also get you some cash back, $130 is floating around.
Works at Lectric-FX

Justus

Yeah, that Pitch Fork looks pretty cool.  I'd use some things on it right away.  $130 isn't bad.

Edit:  I'm not digging the enclosure on it though.  Anyone ever re-box a production pedal purely for aesthetics?  Or would that just be crazy?

drolo

you can always sand it down and repaint/etch :-)

Scruffie

Quote from: drolo on October 08, 2014, 12:57:55 PM
Quote from: Scruffie on October 08, 2014, 11:35:45 AM

For the pitch fork ? Wow
Yup, wonder what's going on under that hood to keep the draw so low... hope it doesn't suffer from underpowered processing.

Quote from: drolo on October 08, 2014, 03:24:10 PM
you can always sand it down and repaint/etch :-)
Probably a better idea, the way EHX pedals are put together, I wouldn't want to try and rehouse them.
Works at Lectric-FX

selfdestroyer

Quote from: madbean on October 08, 2014, 02:33:42 PM

I would think the clean blend would be the deal breaker for you since that's the one thing you said you wish the Drop had. They both look very useful but the Pitch Fork seems like a tighter little package for sure.

Cody