News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Elephuzz

Started by flanagan0718, September 16, 2014, 08:46:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flanagan0718

Hey Guys,
   I did this as a customer build. He was looking for a Woolly Mammoth clone and this is the perfect fit. Its a Madbeans Sabertooth. I etched both the Sabertooth and the 3pdt daughter board (designed by selfdestroyer). I also subbed the necessary resistors. This had a lot of "firsts" for me. First time, using all etched boards, using stranded (NOT SOLID) wire, baking the spray paint and clear coat, using water slide decals. This was a VERY low parts/cost pedal to build. it was lots of fun and sounds nice and M E A T Y!! good thing I etched 2 boards now i can build one for me!

ps. HUGE shout out to Cody (selfdestroyer). Thanks for the daughter board design...again and the Water slides. This wouldn't have been possible without you!

Leevibe

Wow, nice job! You just show those learning curves who's boss!

flanagan0718

Quote from: Leevibe on September 16, 2014, 09:25:08 PM
Wow, nice job! You just show those learning curves who's boss!
Thanks man. I'm very proud of this one. The colors work, the "art" layout is good, and the knobs fit. The boards came out good and the pedal sounds great. Very happy with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TGP39

This is your first water slide decal?  Ugh. I still can't get them to look that good after months of trying. This is fantastic. There is one happy customer out there. Mad props.
Follow me on Instagram under PharmerFx.

Blues Healer

I love phuzz, and that one looks phat!
"music heals"

flanagan0718

Quote from: TGP39 on September 17, 2014, 02:53:09 AM
This is your first water slide decal?  Ugh. I still can't get them to look that good after months of trying. This is fantastic. There is one happy customer out there. Mad props.

Yeah I think I lucked out. We shall see with the next attempt.

Quote from: Blues Healer on September 17, 2014, 04:42:51 AM
I love phuzz, and that one looks phat!

It is nice and MEATY. Thanks for the kind words guys.

Cortexturizer

looking good! love that earthy color you have going on there
https://kuatodesign.blogspot.com - thoughts on some pedals I made
https://soundcloud.com/kuato-design-stompboxes - sounds and jams

wgc

Very nice, love the gloss!
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

selfdestroyer

Very cool and you sure got that water slide to look great. I never got that good results with them. Great job.

Cody

flanagan0718

Thanks again guys. The color is "Camp Green". I think it was Krylon. I should have a video up soon.

chuckbuick

Great looking build.  I dig the base color.