"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

aballen

Beedoola

2 Trems in one:

Demeter Tremulator>EQD Hummingbird

jubal81

Quote from: juansolo on September 17, 2014, 04:46:22 PM
Klon-pressor. Everyone should have one.

I've been doing this the past week or so with a silver pony-spec Klone and I'm finally a believer. Rich clean tone using the two with the Klone as a treble/mids booster.

Building multis is one of the real perks of DIY. I like to look at my chain and see what I'm always using together and in what order and then consolidate accordingly.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

destro

What compressor do you all recommend paired with the klon for a klon-pressor?

jubal81

Quote from: destro on October 05, 2014, 11:19:49 PM
What compressor do you all recommend paired with the klon for a klon-pressor?

The only style I don't like are the ones with a VCA - 3080/13700 chip. Not that they sound bad, just too noisy for my taste - though Engineer's Thumb is a lot better in that regard.

Other than that, it's really just a matter of taste. I've tried these and they're all excellent - just different flavors:
Afterlife
Cupcake
DOD280
Rottencomp
Bearhug
Really Cheap Compressor
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

Willybomb

QuoteKlon-pressor. Everyone should have one.
Thinking this might be a good idea.  Think I'll go 3 in one though, and run that into an Egghead.

raulduke

Quote from: aballen on September 18, 2014, 10:47:33 PM
Multiplex in to a rub a dub.

Forgot about that one.

That was my favourite multi I have built.

Need to build another with the new Reverb brick that Josh is offering.

Most other multis can become a bit of a PITA when it comes to pedal placement etc.

juansolo

Quote from: Willybomb on October 06, 2014, 02:53:53 AM
QuoteKlon-pressor. Everyone should have one.
Thinking this might be a good idea.  Think I'll go 3 in one though, and run that into an Egghead.

That's essentially what I ended up with (sort of). Mine is a rotten komp into a kingslayer into a fat pants.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit

juansolo

Quote from: raulduke on October 06, 2014, 08:41:29 AM
Quote from: aballen on September 18, 2014, 10:47:33 PM
Multiplex in to a rub a dub.

Forgot about that one.

That was my favourite multi I have built.

Need to build another with the new Reverb brick that Josh is offering.

Most other multis can become a bit of a PITA when it comes to pedal placement etc.

I ended up just putting the reverb on the repeats, using the logic that if I want it on the dry also, I can just put one after the pedal. Would be cool to put that on a switch though.

Luke51411

Just curious, for all the klon-pressors is the order compressor first then klon or is it worthwhile having an order switcher as well? or compressor after klon?

playpunk

I've actually been thinking about this for a while, and I'm going to box up a triple - Nano driver, Mini-Klone, and Lunar Module in a 1790 NS.

You've got some marshally crunch first, then you can boost it with the Klone (which is best as a low gain effect IMO), use the Klone as a cleanish lead sound, or put the Klone into the LM for super thick cutting fuzz. At least that's the plan, we'll see how it turns out.

"my legend grows" - playpunk

juansolo

Quote from: Luke51411 on October 06, 2014, 01:26:19 PM
Just curious, for all the klon-pressors is the order compressor first then klon or is it worthwhile having an order switcher as well? or compressor after klon?

I always go comp>klone

Luke51411

Quote from: juansolo on October 06, 2014, 02:08:50 PM
Quote from: Luke51411 on October 06, 2014, 01:26:19 PM

I always go comp>klone

Ok that's what I figured most would do with a klon-pressor.

destro

Cool, will give the rottencomp a try!