News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Well this just grinds my gears

Started by madbean, September 15, 2014, 10:42:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flanagan0718

Quote from: Leevibe on September 16, 2014, 04:37:28 AM
That sucks but I'm glad the headstock didn't snap off. That happened to my friend's LP. I say you dodged a bullet.

When I worked at DJM I remember receiving Pauls and SGs from Gibson with broken head stocks. Not to mention the countless people bringing theirs in for repair.
-I still own 2 gibsons myself... ::)

GermanCdn

Quote from: flanagan0718 on September 16, 2014, 04:56:07 PM
Quote from: Leevibe on September 16, 2014, 04:37:28 AM
That sucks but I'm glad the headstock didn't snap off. That happened to my friend's LP. I say you dodged a bullet.

When I worked at DJM I remember receiving Pauls and SGs from Gibson with broken head stocks. Not to mention the countless people bringing theirs in for repair.
-I still own 2 gibsons myself... ::)

I've only witnessed one Gibson headstock snap, unfortunately, it was a mint 61 SG (not a reissue, it was bought in 61 by my buddies grandpa who kept it in a case in the closet, eventually gave it to my buddy along with a mid 60s Princeton).  If he'd only invested $15 in straplocks.....
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

lars

I love picking up a guitar, slinging the strap over, and two seconds later it does drop-F(loor) tuning.

lincolnic

Quote from: lars on September 17, 2014, 08:19:53 PM
I love picking up a guitar, slinging the strap over, and two seconds later it does drop-F(loor) tuning.

This actually made me snort.