News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

cheap parts drawer cabinet

Started by Leevibe, September 15, 2014, 03:05:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leevibe

I like to store my components in those little parts drawer cabinets. I usually buy the cheap 40-drawer ones from harbor freight because... they're cheap! I label each drawer with the value of the parts in it and if I buy in-between values, I can just reshuffle the drawers. It's made building way faster and more enjoyable for me.

Anyway, I spotted these 9-drawer cabinets on sale at MCM for $3. It's not many drawers, but that's cheap!

strat68

We'll see what happens.  I ordered 5.  $22 and change.

strat68

I got them Saturday.  They will do the job but I would not drop one too far.  Cheap, all plastic construction.  They were all sold out the day after I bought mine.  I paid about $22.50 for 5 of them.  They are actually 12 drawer units. In total that's 45 small, 10 medium and 5 large drawers.  Hopefully I won't need any more of these things.

I just noticed my "diode destroyer" designation.  Very appropriate since I just burnt up one when I forgot to reverse the diode on the Pasty Face I'm trying to make work at the moment.

Leevibe

The drawers I use aren't very strong either. I just need them strong enough to sort parts and they work well for that