News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Initial resistor and capacitor stock order.

Started by Diocide, September 15, 2014, 12:15:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muadzin

I did the bulk order component thing once, but in the end all you're still going to order stuff separately for your builds. In which case you don't need 200+ of each value, just 10 of each value will serve you well in case you've forgotten one or two values in your order. And in case you order from Tayda, all their resistors come in packets of 10 anyway, so you're bound to build up some stock regardless.

Having so much stuff sitting in boxes and drawers at the ready only comes in handy if you're going to see something and you instantly want to build it. Tagboardeffects comes to mind in that respect as a very bad (or good) source of 'I see something shiny and I want it NOW!'. But you will end up with a lot of pedals that were spur of the moment things that way. At least by ordering for each build it will act as a filter/brake on instant GASing. Besides, chances are you will always have to order for specific builds anyway, not unless you stock up on pots, knobs, transistors and IC's as well. And there are an awful lot of pedals that use weird unobtainium transistors and/or IC's. Which make me suspect that those unobtainium parts only get chosen to annoy DIY builders and the Chinese copycats.

dont-tase-me-bro

I ordered 200 of all the common resistors.  For the rest, I set up an excel file with every possible value, and enter in the next 15 or 20 pedals and let excel do the math for re- orders

Rullywow's cap cart is great.  I like having everything on hand
I thought this would save me money.