News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Evel Genius II

Started by Leevibe, September 12, 2014, 04:56:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leevibe

The Evel Genius now has an evil twin!

When I finished the first Evel Genius, I showed it to a buddy who immediately commissioned me to build one for him. So, here it is. Not much difference between this and the first one. Different DC jack and I moved the stomp down a little since I knew he wouldn't be using a battery with it.

This one fought me a little bit. I had a resin waterfall going down the side for a while, but I was able to babysit it until in firmed up and that edge came out perfect. Then the stomp gave me grief. There was some kind of oxidation or crud on the contacts making it impossible to get the solder to whet without overheating the lugs. I foolishly pressed on and wound up with a non-functioning switch. Thankfully, I was able to replace it with zero trauma to the wiring. The melted insulation in the pic is testament to how much heat I dumped into this thing. The switch in the pic is actually the bad one. The wiring with the new switch looks identical and the insulation didn't even suffer any further distress.

Enjoy.

muddyfox

Once again, daaayyyymmnnn!  :o :o :o

Love the wiring!

RobA

Quote from: muddyfox on September 12, 2014, 05:04:06 PM
Love the wiring!

Yeah, that's some killer attention to detail -- looks really good.

The drop shadow on the "1" works really well. Is that in the graphic?
Affiliations: Music Unfolding (musicunfolding.com), software based effects and Rockā€¢it Frog (rock.it-frog.com), DIY effects (coming soon).

Thomas_H

Thats really a good looking pedal!
DIY-PCBs and projects:

selfdestroyer

Such attention to detail. Looks great inside and out.

Cody

PhiloB

Red white and blue wiring makes it to me.  Too bad it doesn't have a glass bottom for viewing:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

icecycle66

m-Kresol

It was amazingly clean the last time and it is again! very impressive.
I build pedals to hide my lousy playing.

My projects are labeled Quantum Effects. My shared OSH park projects: https://oshpark.com/profiles/m-Kresol
My build docs and tutorials

Stomptown

Sweet Genius! That looks amazing. The buyer is a lucky guy!

maine_man

Wow, just wow.  That looks amazing, inside and out!

Leevibe

Thanks guys. I really appreciate it.

Quote from: RobA on September 12, 2014, 05:25:33 PM
The drop shadow on the "1" works really well. Is that in the graphic?

Yep. It's in the graphic.

timbo_93631

I really rarely see a pedal and think about buying one because I can always make something similar or a clone, but this hits my "Buy Buy BUY!!!" button pretty hard.  Maybe because Evel was a starring character in my youthful imagination alongside Andre the Giant, the Harlem Globetrotters, and Charles Bronson...  Anyhow, these pedals are really nice all around!
Sunday Musical Instruments LLC.
Sunday Handwound Pickups

chuckbuick

Sooo cool.  That wiring is the shizz.

lincolnic

By far my favorite wiring job in any pedal I've seen.

Guitarmageddon

Quote from: lincolnic on September 13, 2014, 10:05:37 PM
By far my favorite wiring job in any pedal I've seen.
+1 ..both hilarious and superb. 8)
Spud knows tone!

Captain Cod at
www.codtone.com