News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Etched Moodring Enclosure

Started by ggarms, September 04, 2014, 11:35:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ggarms

Hey Guys, I just finished etching this enclosure. It's only my second enclosure etch so I am still working on my process, but I think it came out ok. I went with a reverse etch, as I've been seeing a lot of painted enclosures lately with reverse etching and love the look. As far as the design goes, nothing too special. Traced the astronaut off of an image i sourced on google. I made a few flubs-namely not including the text layer for the "ring" pot. Whoops! The concentric circles around the pots were shamelessly stolen from bean's moodring enclosure. It just looked too cool! Anyways, thought I'd share (:

Hangingmonkey

playpunk

That looks awesome

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
"my legend grows" - playpunk

Stomptown

PhiloB

Fantastic!!  Look forward to seeing the final product.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leevibe

Quote from: PhiloB on September 05, 2014, 03:15:24 AM
Fantastic!!  Look forward to seeing the final product.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
+1

Thomas_H

DIY-PCBs and projects:

selfdestroyer

jimilee

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

slimtriggers

ggarms

Thanks guys! I'll be sure to post a report when it's finished. My 1000 and 1500 grit paper comes today, so I am super excited to get it painted and buffed up. Part of me wants to keep it raw ( :o), but I'm going to go for the original plan!

diablochris6

I like it. It reminds me of one those Moon-men handed out at the MTV Video Awards, back when they still showed music.
Build guides of my original designs and modifications here