News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Who designed the sea flea?

Started by jimilee, September 02, 2014, 06:03:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimilee

My regulator is getting warm, and I got no delay. I have resoldered, I have run a blade through every joint, verified all the caps are in the right spots. I'm stumped, I tried another regulator, does the same thing. Is there a part that has gone bad? Is there a schematic? I took a solder side picture, I'll take more this evening.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

flanagan0718

I believe it was AlanP. It's based on the DBD

jimilee

Quote from: flanagan0718 on September 02, 2014, 07:29:46 PM
I believe it was AlanP. It's based on the DBD
I believe you're right. It was based on the dbd, just 1590a style.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

flanagan0718

Here is the link (it was Alan)
https://oshpark.com/profiles/alanp

Seems like a dumb question, especially someone with your experience, but is the pin out on your regulator the same? I had this happen on a Rebote 2.5 I built a little while ago and I think the solve was I flipped it 180 degrees.

jimilee

I flipped it even though it matched the silkscreen, no dice.

alanp

The part numbering doesn't match up between the Sea Urchin and Sea Flea.

"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

jimilee

Quote from: alanp on September 02, 2014, 07:54:36 PM
The part numbering doesn't match up between the Sea Urchin and Sea Flea.
I'll check what I have when I get home. I hope that's it, otherwise  finding "the" bad part is a pita

jimilee

Parts match up to the bom, I'm at a loss.

flanagan0718

Junk PT2399 maybe? The polarities on the ele caps right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jimilee

Quote from: flanagan0718 on September 03, 2014, 12:21:15 AM
Junk PT2399 maybe? The polarities on the ele caps right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Polarities are good, damned resistors are so small, I can't really read them but just comparing them to what I can see, they're right.

alanp

- Terry Pratchett
My website

jimilee

So R7 is the ony resistor that would affect the regulator?

alanp

No, R7 and R8 provide Vbias, the regulator is directly attached to 9V and puts out 5V on the VD net which is directly connected to the PT2399.
- Terry Pratchett
My website

jimilee

That's what I was thinking, bit I was hopping I was wrong. This one has me stumped.

lincolnic

Check the voltages on your regulator and make sure they're what you should be getting. Off the top of my head I think you should be seeing 5V at pin 1 of the PT2399 if that's an easier spot to measure...