News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Goal Oriented

Started by playpunk, September 02, 2014, 05:03:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

playpunk

My wife is very goal oriented. She wants to run 1500 miles this year, and she is going to, has run a bunch of marathons, etc.

Right now, she really wants to get pregnant. This is my favorite goal of hers yet. :) 8)
"my legend grows" - playpunk

Luke51411

The key is not to accomplish this goal TOO quickly ;)

GermanCdn

Quote from: Luke51411 on September 02, 2014, 05:12:06 PM
The key is not to accomplish this goal TOO quickly ;)

Yeah, that's what I thought too, but 7 years later we still haven't been successful.  Knock it out of the park early, no amount of procreative activities is worth the look of disappointment in your wife's eyes after the first few months (and truthfully, getting pregnant sex is not as much fun as it sounds, especially when you start planning your business schedule around it).  We'll be going the adoption route next year most likely.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Luke51411

I'm sorry if I offended in my attempt to be humorous. This is a process that is completely foreign to me as my wife and I plan on not having children, I didn't mean to trivialize the process.

GermanCdn

Quote from: Luke51411 on September 02, 2014, 05:57:46 PM
I'm sorry if I offended in my attempt to be humorous. This is a process that is completely foreign to me as my wife and I plan on not having children, I didn't mean to trivialize the process.

No offense taken, the joke I had going for the first six months was "Well, if I have to fail at something...."
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

playpunk

I probably shouldn't be so cavalier - it was a very fast process with our first two. The enthusiasm has just been ramped up this go round for some reason.

Maybe it's all of those sexy guitar skills and pedals.
"my legend grows" - playpunk

culturejam

Quote from: GermanCdn on September 02, 2014, 05:44:10 PM
Yeah, that's what I thought too, but 7 years later we still haven't been successful.  Knock it out of the park early, no amount of procreative activities is worth the look of disappointment in your wife's eyes after the first few months (and truthfully, getting pregnant sex is not as much fun as it sounds, especially when you start planning your business schedule around it).  We'll be going the adoption route next year most likely.

This was pretty much my experience as well. Took us 5 years to get pregnant, and then only through IVF. We were strongly considering adoption if things didn't pan out. And we still are considering adoption if we decide that one kid isn't enough.
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

flanagan0718

I took my wife on a cruise...that seemed to do the trick! Boat + Liquor + Wife = Daughter.  8)

muddyfox

two adoptions into it, i can tell you i've had enough. :)
its quite a process here and i cant do it anymore. these two are a handful anyways.

RobA

Quote from: culturejam on September 02, 2014, 07:18:33 PM
Quote from: GermanCdn on September 02, 2014, 05:44:10 PM

This was pretty much my experience as well. Took us 5 years to get pregnant, and then only through IVF. We were strongly considering adoption if things didn't pan out. And we still are considering adoption if we decide that one kid isn't enough.

Us too. It took us two rounds of IVF to get it to work. The first one that failed was pretty crushing. The second round took a bunch of research from my wife and our embryologist to be successful and even then it was totally emotionally wrenching and almost didn't work.  We were considering adoption at the time too and might have gone for it if we'd had any cash reserves left after the IVF cycles.

Quote from: GermanCdn on September 02, 2014, 06:01:12 PM
[...]
No offense taken, the joke I had going for the first six months was "Well, if I have to fail at something...."

I remember thinking similar things. This is one of those things were it really helps if you can keep your sense of (dark) humor.
Affiliations: Music Unfolding (musicunfolding.com), software based effects and Rockā€¢it Frog (rock.it-frog.com), DIY effects (coming soon).

culturejam

Quote from: RobA on September 03, 2014, 02:48:44 AM
Us too. It took us two rounds of IVF to get it to work.

We were lucky and got pregnant on the first round/first try. And I'm soooooo glad (for my wife, mostly), because we harvested ~11 eggs, then 5 fertilized properly, of which only 3 were viable...and then only 1 survived being frozen and un-frozen. So we really had only one egg for the basket.  ;D  If it hadn't worked, we would have had to start all over again with the 8 weeks of daily injections, another egg harvesting procedure (which for those that don't know is under general anesthesia), and all that.  It's quite a process and is very emotionally demanding, especially for the women.
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects