News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

proble w/ Zero point DD delay

Started by scotheath, August 31, 2014, 07:57:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scotheath

have finally finished putting together this Zero point, and have a couple issues. first the repeats are fuzzy, 2nd the feed back pot does nothing. I have checked all connects w/ a magnifying glass and all seem to be good. I had also ordered a A50k pot as well as the B50k, because of the comments about the B50 in the feed back position on this forum. I cant get either one to do anything. any suggestions would be very grateful. I have also traced back all components I could from the schematic and the all appear to be ok
Thanks again

selfdestroyer

You may need to post your voltages, pictures and any part subs you may have done before we can help. Have you used an audio probe and see where you lost signal at?

Cody

scotheath

Thank you for your response, I have built a probe and went through the schematic, learning a few things along the way. Found every thing in working order. plugged back in and now it works. Good and bad cause im sure when I box it up it wont work  :)
Thanks again

selfdestroyer

Been there before. PT2399's can be flaky also. I have come to the conclusion that no matter who I get them from and how much I pay for them I still get bad ones. I built a bare bones Cave Dweller just to test PTs in.

Cody

jimilee

Quote from: selfdestroyer on September 02, 2014, 12:44:47 AM
Been there before. PT2399's can be flaky also. I have come to the conclusion that no matter who I get them from and how much I pay for them I still get bad ones. I built a bare bones Cave Dweller just to test PTs in.

Cody
Great Idea, there's a vero over on tagboard, I will do that for the same reason.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

scotheath

I guess I should have asked this a couple days back but thought I'd better before boxing this thing up. As I went through all the components at one point the sound went from a tone( I used my ipod with a tone generator app instead of strumming) too a feed back kinda squeal coming out of the caps, and was affected by the feedback pot. So a couple things is that normal or should it just be a tone not affected by the pots, 2nd what position should the pots be in ? All on or off ? The pedal has 3 pots. Delay feedback and level