News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Sabbra Cadabra

Started by raulduke, August 29, 2014, 03:27:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

raulduke

oh lordy this looks purty:

If it sounds as good as it looks then it will be a winner.

Been working on something similar for a fair few months now (jfet overdrive for early metal/sludge/stoner tones) and this goes and comes along...  ;D

Looks tasty though... might treat me 'sen.

selfdestroyer

think its a pumped up Rangemaster? I'm intrigued.

Cody

Govmnt_Lacky

LaceSensor

raulduke

Quote from: selfdestroyer on August 29, 2014, 04:11:15 PM

Cody

From the description on pgs it looks like a modified treble booster (naga viper derivative?) into a jfet preamp emulating the laney supergroup preamp.

The range control could be similar to the range control on the naga viper.

Looking forward to hearing it; Tony iommis tone on the early black sabbath stuff is great IMO.

selfdestroyer

Quote from: raulduke on August 29, 2014, 07:24:36 PM
Quote from: selfdestroyer on August 29, 2014, 04:11:15 PM

Cody

From the description on pgs it looks like a modified treble booster (naga viper derivative?) into a jfet preamp emulating the laney supergroup preamp.

The range control could be similar to the range control on the naga viper.

Looking forward to hearing it; Tony iommis tone on the early black sabbath stuff is great IMO.

Totally agree. I always wanted to try that Castledine Wizard pedal but it was just to damn expensive to just try.

Cody

GrindCustoms

If they did the job good as they did with the RAH..... It wiil be all of the Sabbadassery! lml
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

lincolnic

PGS has a demo video, the Sabbra Cadabra starts at 2:30:

Sounds like they nailed it to me...consider me extremely interested.

Kinki fuzz

I want one of those right know!! Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitt!

Muadzin

I. Want. One!  :'(

I love Catalinbread stuff. They're one of the few boutique pedal companies I'm willing to fork out money for. Although building them is way cooler. Here's to hoping it will get traced soon.

micromegas

It sounds cool!! I wonder where they get those knobs....
'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease

Software Developer @ bela.io

raulduke

Quote from: Muadzin on September 04, 2014, 09:23:42 AM

I love Catalinbread stuff. They're one of the few boutique pedal companies I'm willing to fork out money for. Although building them is way cooler. Here's to hoping it will get traced soon.

I know what you mean; building clones of designs is definitely fun and all, but I think sometimes it is worth putting back in if you enjoy companies work/designs.

The cool/good companies (which Catalinbread are one off) are worth supporting IMO. Especially seeing as they are a small business, with their own unique designs hand built in their own country.

I've bought quite a few Catalinbread pedals, and I'll most likely be buying this one as well (it sounds awesome).

angrykoko

Quote from: raulduke on September 04, 2014, 10:57:03 AM
Quote from: Muadzin on September 04, 2014, 09:23:42 AM

I know what you mean; building clones of designs is definitely fun and all, but I think sometimes it is worth putting back in if you enjoy companies work/designs.

The cool/good companies (which Catalinbread are one off) are worth supporting IMO. Especially seeing as they are a small business, with their own unique designs hand built in their own country.

I've bought quite a few Catalinbread pedals, and I'll most likely be buying this one as well (it sounds awesome).

I totally agree with you on this, it's fun and all but I still buy pedals (even bought one that I've built already). 

+1 on Catalinbread being a cool/good company

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap.

selfdestroyer

Another video.. Sounds great but then again PGS can make a 4v powered dog turd sound good.

Cody

angrykoko

Oh man.  Seeing iommie in that clip reminded me of something I wanted to research.
"What pickups were in his SG back then?"

They don't look like p90's but they don't look like humbuckers either.

Sorry for the hijack, pedal does sound very cool.
The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap.