News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Smd

Started by jimilee, August 28, 2014, 07:01:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimilee

You guys have lost your mind, I'm ready to stick my soldering iron through my own eye. What is wrong with you??? That being said, anyone got a 1m I could swallow, mine is covered in solder.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

pickdropper

A 1M resistor?  If so, what package size?  If it's 0603, I am fairly certain I could send you a few.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

muddyfox

I've got a 0603 and a 0805. Would you like some?

jimilee

The part number on the resistor  is 1005. It freaking tiny. It's for Chromesphere's lpb1 starter kit
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

muddyfox

If it's 1005 metric that would be 0402. I don't have any that small.

Is it 0.04" x 0.02" (roughly half the size of 0805)?

EDIT: since that's a "starter board", I highly doubt he'd use 0402s.

EDIT2: I'm a bit confused because 1M would have 1004 marking, not 1005...

wgc

1005 is 10M I think.  I may have some in 0805, will know in a few hours.  Anyway, props for giving it a shot Jimi
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

muddyfox

1005 is 10M but there's no 10M in Paul's LPB.

Anyhoo, my offer stands. I have them both in 0603 and 0805.

GermanCdn

Quote from: jimilee on August 28, 2014, 07:01:02 PM
You guys have lost your mind, I'm ready to stick my soldering iron through my own eye. What is wrong with you??? That being said, anyone got a 1m I could swallow, mine is covered in solder.

ROFLMAO, Jimi gets at the very least post of the month.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Droogie

Looks like 0603 on the build doc. If you have to put the iron in an eye, make sure it's not your one good eye—you might need it! A wee bit of patience as you lose many tiny bits while trying to get them on the board is all that's required. That and I never crack open that fifth beer until I've finished popping the board. ;)
Chief Executive Officer in Charge of Burrito Redistribution at Hytone Electric

jimilee

Quote from: muddyfox on August 28, 2014, 08:11:48 PM

1005 is 10M but there's no 10M in Paul's LPB.

Anyhoo, my offer stands. I have them both in 0603 and 0805.
Right, sorry. Duh huh. Yes if I could have 1 is be grateful.

muddyfox

A'ight dood. I'll pop a few in the mail for you tomorrow.

jimilee

Quote from: muddyfox on August 28, 2014, 09:57:02 PM

A'ight dood. I'll pop a few in the mail for you tomorrow.
much appreciated.

chromesphere

Hey Jimi!  Glad to see I have scared the living !@#$ out of another forum buddy :D

They are infact 0805's. You can order replacements from tayda (my original source).  Revamping the SMT kit is on the to do list, I think if I redo the board I might make them a touch more spacious.  You know.  An extra 1/2 mm here or there? haha
Pedal Parts Shop              Youtube

jimilee

Quote from: chromesphere on August 28, 2014, 11:51:11 PM
Hey Jimi!  Glad to see I have scared the living !@#$ out of another forum buddy :D

They are infact 0805's. You can order replacements from tayda (my original source).  Revamping the SMT kit is on the to do list, I think if I redo the board I might make them a touch more spacious.  You know.  An extra 1/2 mm here or there? haha
Nice, ha! At the moment, I believe the resistor is covered in solder. it's not unsalavagebale I don't think, but a backup plan is handy. The second resistor went on better than the first. I am going to go ahead and get some flux tomorrow.

GrindCustoms

Quote from: jimilee on August 28, 2014, 07:31:25 PM
The part number on the resistor  is 1005. It freaking tiny. It's for Chromesphere's lpb1 starter kit
Never thought that SMT and Starter Kit could be in the same sentence! :o
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/