News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

NA&GD

Started by juansolo, August 22, 2014, 07:11:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

juansolo

Actually I got the amp a while ago from Raulduke, but didn't get around to posting about it. It's an Orange OR15 and looks something like this:

It's a bit of a one trick pony, but neither of my other amps do that trick (ie full-on, balls to the wall, rock/doom/stoner), so I'm liking it a lot and suspect it might be a keeper. Even has a decent loop on it which is nice as at higher gain settings it's a bit noisy (they're known for it), so I've stuck a gate in there. Smashing. Also it doesn't like pedals on the front of it so much, but seeing as it can do what you want it to on board, it doesn't really matter.

The guitar came yesterday so I haven't had much time with it. It was a special on at Coda and I snagged a Pawn Shop Mustang Special for £300! Which is crazy money. Someone looked into it and it seems Fender had an offer on for dealers on some models of buy 6 get 6 free. Coda were particularly cool about it though and passed that straight on to the buyer, where as others have them at a bit more cash. The Jaguarillo was particularly cheap at £250!

Anyhow, it's minty fresh as expected and will become a target for some tasteful moddage (will sort the back of the neck out and fit some new electronics). Light as a feather too.

Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

alanp

Them's some tasty acquisitions, John :)

Although a Brit talking Orange Amps always puts me in mind of John Chambers. His website is truly fascination (especially the "Work Done" section.)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

angrykoko

Nice!
It's a great little amp, I love mine. 

Quote from: alanp on August 22, 2014, 07:15:22 AM
Although a Brit talking Orange Amps always puts me in mind of John Chambers. His website is truly fascination (especially the "Work Done" section.)
I Did a google search for John Chambers out of curiosity but I'm not finding anything that seems related.. what website is this?

Anyway, Here is my little one trick pony ;)
The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap.

alanp

http://www.chambonino.com/orangework.html

Flick back to work undertaken for a really entertaining list :)
- Terry Pratchett
My website

Gledison

Nice Gears man!
Congrats
If i fart a lot,  it means that i'm a Gas expert ?

hoodoo

Nice score mate  :) What's the deal with the back of the neck that needs fixing ?

jubal81

Now that is a rockin' combo. Nice scores!   8)
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

juansolo

Quote from: hoodoo on August 22, 2014, 11:27:27 AM
Nice score mate  :) What's the deal with the back of the neck that needs fixing ?

Standard Mexi finish, I just find it 'sticky' for want of a better expression. When I take it apart to mod it, I'll let Cleggy work his magic. Don't know exactly what he does, but essentially he lightly sands the back of the neck to a satin/smooooth finish. I've had him do this on all my Fender necks that suffer from this particular affliction.

Also just had the info that the pups have been made ;) No idea what they're going to do in here, but the bridge pup is a 70's Super Distortion replica and the neck is an approximation of my favourite neck pup made to match (Cold Sweat). Itching to get my hands on those and get modding.
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

Bret608

Yeah, I'd like to see what you do that Mustang. I am a long-time player of an unmodded MIJ Mustang from the '90s. I am finally thinking about modding it. I've often thought about just trading it in for a Strat or Tele but with small-ish hands and not being that tall, somehow it works for me. Anyway, these Pawn Shop versions caught my eye for sure, so let me know how it goes.

Leevibe

Nice score! Are those Mustangs short scale?

cooder

Cool gear, goodie score! 8)
BigNoise Amplification

Kinki fuzz

Love that amp! I'd rather say they do THE trick.

atreidesheir

I love your stuff.
Give us a report on those pickups.
Are they humbuckery or something else?
Think of us next time you hit an open a chord and let it decay.
Technically we are all half-centaur. - Nick Offerman

pickdropper

I got a Pawn Shop Jaguar last year with P90s and a stop tail and it's been a really decent guitar.  I haven't changed a thing on it yet and it gets played far more than the other guitars I leave at work.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

alanp

Quote from: juansolo on August 22, 2014, 03:15:58 PM
Standard Mexi finish, I just find it 'sticky' for want of a better expression. When I take it apart to mod it, I'll let Cleggy work his magic. Don't know exactly what he does, but essentially he lightly sands the back of the neck to a satin/smooooth finish. I've had him do this on all my Fender necks that suffer from this particular affliction.

Tru-oil is fairly decent (you'll need to find a hunting and fishing shop though.) Don't bother with synthetic 0000 wool though, it's garbage. Steel wool :)
- Terry Pratchett
My website