News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Printers for waterslides

Started by zilla, August 20, 2014, 02:11:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zilla

As fate would have it, all of my ink jet ink cartridges ran out at the same time and a double whammy - I'm out of all of my waterslide paper.. Clear and transparent.

Imagine my shock when I went to my local store only to find out that my ink cartridges are no longer stocked. Poked around a bit online and found that for like $20 more than a full refill kit I can buy a brand new printer.

So..... My current printer is an hp c5100 all in one. It does the job... I don't really have a reason to upgrade other than I can for only a few bucks more.

Any suggestions or recommendations for a new ink jet?  Also, does anyone recommend switching to a laser printer for colour waterslide decals or should I stick with ink jet?  The pre application of clear before applying the waterslide is getting old, but I'll suck it up if I means I get significantly better artwork.

Comments?

Thanks

selfdestroyer

I have been loving my HP Officejet 6100. What waterslides I have done, they came out great. The color on this thing just looks fantastic. Plus its wireless and I love hitting print from my workbench and its done before I get in the room.

Cody