News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

The «MoM» - Build Log

Started by GrindCustoms, August 19, 2014, 05:14:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrindCustoms

Houston! We have a problem! :-\

The threaded part of the 9mm shaft is not long enough to cover the thickness of the enclosure and faceplate... might end with some Dremel engineering..... ::)
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

selfdestroyer

Quote from: GrindCustoms on December 20, 2014, 11:24:39 PM

The threaded part of the 9mm shaft is not long enough to cover the thickness of the enclosure and faceplate... might end with some Dremel engineering..... ::)

"And the clouds opened up and a great force was unleashed on to the enclosure like none can speak of... so don't mess it up". LOL

Cody

GrindCustoms

Quote from: selfdestroyer on December 20, 2014, 11:57:49 PM
Quote from: GrindCustoms on December 20, 2014, 11:24:39 PM

"And the clouds opened up and a great force was unleashed on to the enclosure like none can speak of... so don't mess it up". LOL

Cody

HAHAHAHA!

Word, i'll do it per the Godz will!

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

Hogharry

It still seems a shame to stop at 8. You could poke some more holes in the sides for some extra pots Rej. Im looking forward to the next instalment.  8)
...and then of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left hand side...

raulduke

Looking great.

That is lot of muff for one man to handle.

In all seriousness though it will prove very informative I imagine.

GrindCustoms

Quote from: raulduke on December 21, 2014, 11:40:10 AM
Looking great.

That is lot of muff for one man to handle.

In all seriousness though it will prove very informative I imagine.

Well.. the point of that built is at first a personnal challenge.. just filling an enclosure with as much stuff i can in the neatest manner.... i think anyone who have built a good load of pedals understand that at some point you have to challenge yourself a bit.

On the other hand, i have a quite big collection of pedals ranging from authentic vintage units to a multitude of DIY builts that i've now started to rent to bands going in studio. I usually always have 3 or 4 muff hanging around in different variation, when someone asks for some muffs, i'd just send them the whole package. With a unit like this it offer far more options without the need of plugging and unplugging bunch of pedals and all that.. an all in one solution for the muffage needs.

Hogharry

So if the hire business goes well we might even see more multi-muffs or multi-other stuff. Modulation next...  :D
...and then of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left hand side...

GrindCustoms

Quote from: Hogharry on December 21, 2014, 11:19:27 PM
So if the hire business goes well we might even see more multi-muffs or multi-other stuff. Modulation next...  :D

Just in muff i think i could build 2 or 3 other of them... but i'm not quite sure i want to get into it.

I think that this approach of multi have more benefit with circuits that have a multitude of variants like tube screamer, fuzz faces, benders and the likes.

When you get into Modulation or any Time effect.. people will tend to like better using an original unit.. must be a fame or ego thingy.... saying to their friends that they recorded the track with a script logo and phase45 instead of a clone has more weigth for them and makes better pictures!

It's all about the cork sniffing.. and i've got shitload of cork! ;D