News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Now for everyones favourite game

Started by chromesphere, August 18, 2014, 10:34:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chromesphere

Identify that diode!

Received this with an order I placed as a 'free gift'.  Sparked my interest in knowing exactly what they are.  Fv drop is about .22v's which responds slightly to temperature.

They are large, 3 times the size of the unobtainiumite oa126.  When I first opened the package I thought they WERE oa126's. "Retirement here I come!".  But unfortunately they are not. They have a shiny coating with the diode symbol printed on them. 

Incase you cant read them in my photos, markings are Russian, one is (a character that looks like English "A") followed by 311, another symbol that looks like a 3 (but not be) and I 74.

They are probably just any old diode but they have sparked my curiosity.
Pedal Parts Shop              Youtube

chromesphere

Gee wasn't expecting such a direct / straight forward answer.

Next question whats a pulsed diode :)

sturgeo

I recognised the character as a D as the D9E diodes come with the same marking.

Not a clue what a pulsed diode is though, pop some in a pedal and create some hype!

chromesphere

No worries sturgeo thanks for the info. Oh hype. I just wanted to make it clear that this is NOT the diode used in the klone... (orders 5000)

midwayfair

chromesphere

Cheers Jon!

Well, there are a million cheap germanium diodes out there, I guess this could be another option.  I see on ebay they go for as cheap as 10c each.  Just allow extra room if you get some, they are approx. DO-7 sized (1n34a-ish)