News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

PSA - Deadastronaut's Tremshifter project -- filter + tremolo :)

Started by midwayfair, August 17, 2014, 03:38:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blues Healer

I like it a lot ... my main reaction to the clip is ... "sci fi movie soundtrack" ... but it's interesting enough to challenge me creatively.

one thing I noticed is that the rate pot is very sensitive between 8 and 10 o' clock, and he doesn't use it much out of that range ... likely it could use a different value there
"music heals"

ggarms

Quote from: lincolnic on August 18, 2014, 05:00:37 AM
I don't think I'd ever have a reasonable use for this, but I want one anyway.

^ says me every time I see something new ;) the struggle continues....

Haberdasher

Looking for a discontinued madbean board?  Check out my THREAD

FABBED PCB's FOR SALE:
Now carrying Matched JFETS

muddyfox

Me three... I PM'd Rob about holding one for me from the next batch anyways  ::)

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: Blues Healer on August 18, 2014, 05:35:29 AM
one thing I noticed is that the rate pot is very sensitive between 8 and 10 o' clock, and he doesn't use it much out of that range ... likely it could use a different value there

Rob does not like to fiddle with pot tapers. I believe he used reverse-wired Linear or Log taper pots for the Rate controls where he should have used Rev Log (C-taper) pots wired correctly.

Tremster

Just ordering parts for a lot of projects, including this one.
Sorry, I can't find the LDRs anywhere, 2k-24k.
Which of these could I use instead: http://www.banzaimusic.com/Photocells/
Or optocouplers?
Thank you.

Hangingmonkey

I asked the same question on diysb and seems like people are using tayda ldrs. I've just ordered my pcb today and so I'll report back on my build report...

alanp

The spec for Tayda is 500k, IIRC, and you can always parallel resistors to reduce a LDR's resistance. (Might do odd things to the response curve, but that never comes up, weirdly.)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

ggarms

Is there any official way to snag a PCB for this or does it just involve sending rob an email??

muddyfox

pm him on diysb but I'm not sure he's got any left (he'll be shipping them out soon).

jubal81

I'd sent him a PM a while back and he responded today with an address to gift the money to - so i did.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

miter53

I just ordered a board from Rob. Has anyone started building this?
"Only sick music makes money today."-Friedrich Nietzsche
My photography website: http://michaelteresko.com/

juansolo

Tis way down the list, but I've got one. I've got so many PCBs now it's getting silly...
Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

jubal81

"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair