News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Polpetta (Meatsphere)

Started by bcalla, August 17, 2014, 02:21:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bcalla

I finally finished my Meatshphere which I started months ago.  I had hooked it up to my test rig and it wasn't giving me much effect - and a bunch of static.  I had read that it was finicky about the IC so I thought maybe I had a bad LM1458 - maybe from Tayda.  So I ordered a couple on my next Mouser order (glad I ordered 2 because I immediately dropped on and stepped on it).  Anyhow, that didn't fix it.  Then I saw a post from LaceSensor over @ DIYSB, where he said "Nsl32 sound like ass".  As they say, truer words were never spoken.  I replaced the NSL32s with LDRs and green LEDs, and now I am a happy man.

The only thing I haven't tested yet is the effects loop, I hope to get to that tomorrow.

selfdestroyer

Very tight build. Love the ATHF artwork. Meatwad for the win.

Cody

LaceSensor

Quote from: bcalla on August 17, 2014, 02:21:15 AM
.  Then I saw a post from LaceSensor over @ DIYSB, where he said "Nsl32 sound like ass".  As they say, truer words were never spoken.  I replaced the NSL32s with LDRs and green LEDs, and now I am a happy man.[/img]

good build
glad to be of service!

jimilee

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

chuckbuick

Sweet build.  One of these days I'll give this a go.

jubal81

Whoa, that's an engineering marvel with all those pots and jacks and boards and switches. Great work!
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

GrindCustoms

Very nice! Love the artwork and all.

Never got mine working........ :-[
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

bcalla

Quote from: selfdestroyer on August 17, 2014, 02:27:44 AM
Love the ATHF artwork. Meatwad for the win.

My son loved that show, couldn't resist.  :D

alanp

Bob, very well done :) the meatball isn't hugely easy (although it's probably the second easiest Lovetone to build, behind the Cheese Source.)

The only complaint I have about the Meatsphere board is that it doesn't have jacks for the Intensity and Decay. Intensity works really well with a high impedance volume pedal.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website