News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Rat with feedback loop and blinking color changing eyes!

Started by jimmybjj, April 27, 2011, 11:34:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmybjj

Sorry no gut shots. I forgot before my friend got a hold of it and now it belongs to him. The rats eyes blink different colors and at different rates. The eyes only light up when the feedback loop is engaged. Normally these type of leds induce a strange sound into the signal but in a feedback loop you want strange  ;D and when the loop is off the leds are not drawing power to induce noise so it all works out. The switch is for the ruetz mod. Dual outputs per the request on my friend.

Pcbs no longer available

CRBMoA

Excellent! I wish you would have posted this yesterday!

I just finished a GORGEOUS Lunar Fuzz (pics in a day or so).

And installed the nifty LED, which works with the DOSTM motif.

But that noise, ever so faint, when the guitar was muted. AAARRRGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!

madbean

bigmufffuzzwizz

Quote from: madbean on April 28, 2011, 12:01:21 AM
That, my friend, is shit-hot pedal building!

Yes. Sooo clean on the decals, wish we could see the inside! The LEDs are a great idea and so is the stereo output!
Owner and operator of Magic Pedals

mjcyates

jtn191

could you explain the leds in a bit more detail?

your friend is lucky, I want one!

maysink

[nothing to see here]
-e

juansolo

Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

jimmybjj

Thanks for all of the great compliments guys, and a high compliment from the man himself  :D

Quote from: jtn191 on April 28, 2011, 03:10:18 AM

There isn't anything to explain really. They are color changing leds, controlled via PWM (or at least i think.) They hook up like any other LED, doesn't take anything special to get them going. I DO NOT RECOMMEND them, they do introduce a whine in your signal and unless your looking for weird (feedback loop) then it is very undesirable.
Pcbs no longer available

k.rock!

Quote from: jimmybjj on April 28, 2011, 10:31:00 AM

Thanks for all of the great compliments guys, and a high compliment from the man himself  :D

There isn't anything to explain really. They are color changing leds, controlled via PWM (or at least i think.) They hook up like any other LED, doesn't take anything special to get them going. I DO NOT RECOMMEND them, they do introduce a whine in your signal and unless your looking for weird (feedback loop) then it is very undesirable.

Actually you can correct this issue by connecting a polarized cap in reverse to the LED so that it filters the noise...I have done this successfully by using a 33uF I believe...just use your ear and try different caps and crank it up...if you still hear the buzzing noise increase the value...but in my case a 33uF was enough...

-Kaleb
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

k.rock!

Oh, and the pedal looks AWESOME by the way haha  :D forgot to comment on it...Great job man, very original!

-Kaleb
God bless!
www.kalebromero.com

jimmybjj

Quote from: k.rock! on April 28, 2011, 05:46:22 PM
Quote from: jimmybjj on April 28, 2011, 10:31:00 AM

Actually you can correct this issue by connecting a polarized cap in reverse to the LED so that it filters the noise...I have done this successfully by using a 33uF I believe...just use your ear and try different caps and crank it up...if you still hear the buzzing noise increase the value...but in my case a 33uF was enough...

-Kaleb

thanks for the advise. I have tried this before with some success but never really resolved the issue. I tried it in a phase 90 build and went all the way up to 220uf. the noise became softer but was still present. the issues was not important enough for me to purse further. i just used a normal led.
Pcbs no longer available

Roctopus

StompIt

Please give us some GUT SHOTS!

BTW:  Beautiful Work!

jtn191

sorry to revive an older thread...but I want to build one like this. How would one wire a feedback loop switch?