News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Card Table Moderation?

Started by GrindCustoms, August 16, 2014, 05:25:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrindCustoms

Why are the words K.L.O.N.E. and M.O.J.O. are automatically moderated to «card table»?

klone

mojo
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

GrindCustoms

Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

selfdestroyer

That is awesome. LOL

My "card table" has more "card table" than your "card table".

Its like, I smurfed like 6 times last night but finally got the right smurf smurfed.

Cody

RobA

I got hit by this today and I never use the word mojo.
Affiliations: Music Unfolding (musicunfolding.com), software based effects and Rock•it Frog (rock.it-frog.com), DIY effects (coming soon).

alanp

Another forum I'm on, the global mod thought gold was overused, as in "This pedal is gold!", and replaced "gold" with "my cat's breath smells like cat food!"

Some very odd results happened.

I'm not hugely fond of global replacements like this, unless it's something in risk of becoming a forum injoke (like as unto akin an ingrown toenail.)
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

juansolo

Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

alanp

Onna related note, a NZ company called Telecom renamed itself recently to Spark. (It used to be the national telecom. Times changed.)

When it changed to Spark, it did a global search 'n' replace for 'telecom' to 'spark.

Herald "Sparkmunication".  I thought it was kinda nifty, Telecom didn't.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

Willybomb

i have to try this:

"card table".  Card table.

Edit: Holy crap! It's alive!

Hangingmonkey

Hangingmonkey

Hangingmonkey

So can someone explain the whole card table thing. I've heard it used loads in the forum but I don't get the reference to klons

jubal81

Quote from: Hangingmonkey on August 16, 2014, 12:05:16 PM
So can someone explain the whole card table thing. I've heard it used loads in the forum but I don't get the reference to klons

There was a long article with an interview with Klon creator Bill Finnegan and in it he made a point about the original Klons being built on his card table.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

PhiloB

Guess that's why pedals sound so dang good... I build on a card table as well!!  Didn't realize it effected the sound so much.  My has a little padding with vinyl covering that I melt periodically.  You think that impacts the sound as well?

stecykmi

Quote from: PhiloB on August 16, 2014, 02:03:24 PM
Guess that's why pedals sound so dang good... I build on a card table as well!!  Didn't realize it effected the sound so much.  My has a little padding with vinyl covering that I melt periodically.  You think that impacts the sound as well?

ya dude, the imperfections make it sound warm

klone

rullywowr

Totally. Many feel that the grey vinyl card tables impact a slightly more rounded tone than black vinyl on kloans.

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!