News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

HEY LURKERS! 4 reasons to introduce yourself

Started by Leevibe, August 14, 2014, 03:51:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leevibe

1 - We genuinely want to get to know you and we would enjoy seeing what you've built!

2 - You can learn a ton by lurking, but you will learn even more by asking questions.

3 - The culture here is really affirming. Nobody is going to make you feel stupid. It's truly a unique community and we will probably learn from you too.

4 - Teacher says, "Every time a lurker posts, an angel gets its wings."

culturejam

Hey guys! Noob here. I'm looking forward to building my first pedal!  ;D
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

Leevibe

Quote from: culturejam on August 14, 2014, 03:52:09 PM
Hey guys! Noob here. I'm looking forward to building my first pedal!  ;D

You should try a Duovibe!

midwayfair

GrindCustoms

First time poster here, is it ok to post more than 1 time a day or it's considered as spamming?
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

rullywowr

Hi Everyone, long time lurker - first time poster here. I have some Timmy boards available for sale if you are interested.

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: rullywowr on August 14, 2014, 07:06:20 PM
Hi Everyone, long time lurker - first time poster here. I have some Timmy boards available for sale if you are interested.

Beat me to it!  ::)

flanagan0718

hahaha!

GermanCdn

Not to be the proper police on this one (I don't think I've ever actually been accused of that), but I think we've beaten this one to death on Rej's BST thread (though it was a well intended thread).  More piling on seems a little more TGP than we try and be around here.

That being said, the Timish I got from Ben works outside the box, but when I hook it up I get a weird buzzing sound.  Off to Tech help with me (I f'd up the grounding somewhere in the multi, I know).

Back to topic on hand - Lurkers show yourselves!!!  We're always happy to help.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

skadogg

Hello, all. My name is Wes, and I'm new here. I just finished my first actual pedal this month, but I haven't had a chance to write up a build report. I haven't posted any questions yet because there's already so much information available here. You have all been so helpful, so thank you!

Here's a question about build reports:
Before putting together the aforementioned pedal, I built an A-B switch box, a testing rig, and a power converter (12V to 9V); all of which were helpful learning experiences before building the effect pedal. Should I create a new post for each of these four devices, or should I group them into one big post to show the journey I took?

jimilee

I was told there would be bacon.
Quote from: skadogg on August 14, 2014, 08:16:52 PM
Hello, all. My name is Wes, and I'm new here. I just finished my first actual pedal this month, but I haven't had a chance to write up a build report. I haven't posted any questions yet because there's already so much information available here. You have all been so helpful, so thank you!

Before putting together the aforementioned pedal, I built an A-B switch box, a testing rig, and a power converter (12V to 9V); all of which were helpful learning experiences before building the effect pedal. Should I create a new post for each of these four devices, or should I group them into one big post to show the journey I took?
HI WES *Waves rapidly* One big post unless it's huge.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

flanagan0718

Quote from: skadogg on August 14, 2014, 08:16:52 PM

Hey Wes! My very first pedal build was a A/B switch too! I had a Planet Waves Tuner that made an awful noise when on. So i build an A/B switch so I could use it live. Welcome to the forum. To answer your question I would say group them too.

Leevibe

snz728

one time contributor, now just lurker.
Kids, house, banks are taking all my spare funds, so builds are on hold.  I miss tayda delivery day ;D
Everyone is very helpful here with advice, parts, and I have a beautiful pedalboard and my amp sounds good too (bought tubes off a member).

The only post I can make for everyone's builds are WOW.

Much Thanks
So I'll lurk when bored at work.  Steve

icecycle66

And don't forget to include your own websites in your sig or profile so we can lurk back at you.