News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Need help filling up Sweetwater shopping cart

Started by culturejam, August 14, 2014, 01:26:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

culturejam

Okay, so I'm going to be getting a Jamman Xpress looper from Sweetwater. But I figured I should get a couple more things and do the 3-payment plan and make it worth it.  ;D

But I can't figure out anything I can remotely justify as a "need" or even a strong want. There's got to be something cool I'm missing out on, so I want to enlist your help in giving me suggestions. I'm looking for useful, handy, utilitarian, etc., in the $100 - $200 range.

To help kick things off, here are useful things I already have:

• Clip on tuner (two actually) and a pedal tuner
• eBow
• Audio interface
• Capo (several)
• Acoustic guitar hydration system
• Strings (just bought some sets recently)
• Guitar and fretboard polish / oil
• Guitar stands
• Guitar straps
• Microphones (SM57 and Sennheiser 609)
• Solid-state amp (Roland Cube 40xl)
• Cajon drum
• Cheap guitar (Agile, etc)
• Guitar / mic cables
• Music stand / Mic stand

I'm set for just about every kind of pedal, with the exception of maybe a Micro POG. But I can't justify full price on those when used ones are about $160.

About the only thing I don't have is a dedicated headphone/practice type Pod thingie. But I could easily use my iPhone for that, I suppose.

So what am I missing? Let's hear some suggestions, o' fellow brothers of the GAS order.  8) :D
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

GermanCdn

The Cruztools tool kit (either their standard or Fender set) is actually really handy to have around either at home or in the gig bag.  Think they're around $60.

Gorgomyte if they have it (GHS has branded it now I think) typically around $10.

Ernie Ball Power tuner - most gimicky thing I own, but use it far more than I ever thought I would.  $22

The new Daddario capo with the slot for the PW tuner $20

Seymour Duncan Vapor Trails Delay - ridiculously good analog delay, $160.

Err, this self imposed gear buying moratorium is going to kill me....
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

icecycle66

madbean

Fender Output Jack...only $6.49!
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/GtrOPJack/

Do they have any decent piezo pickups for electric? I've been wanting to add one of my guitars for a while. I like the sound of an unplugged electric layered in with the amped sound.

culturejam

Quote from: GermanCdn on August 14, 2014, 01:50:11 AM
The Cruztools tool kit (either their standard or Fender set) is actually really handy to have around either at home or in the gig bag.  Think they're around $60.

I'll give that some thought. Thanks!

Quote from: icecycle66 on August 14, 2014, 02:18:17 AM
TASCAM DR-07mkII

Hmmmm, interesting. I want it, but I'm not sure what I'd do with it. I pretty much do all my scratch recording with an audio interface, or if it's really off the cuff, with my iPhone. But I'll give it some thought.

Quote from: madbean on August 14, 2014, 02:29:39 AM
Do they have any decent piezo pickups for electric? I've been wanting to add one of my guitars for a while.

I've got a Takamine acoustic/electric already. :/

pickdropper

Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

gordo

Those new Fishman pickups made from circuit boards.
Gordy Power
How loud is too loud?  What?

culturejam

Quote from: pickdropper on August 14, 2014, 02:50:28 AM
ES-335.  :-)

Does not fit the $100 - $200 price restriction. :)

But yeah, I need one of those for sure.

Blues Healer

personally, I've been tormenting myself over getting a volume pedal, just for those cool volume swells ... it would be easy to say, get an EB, but I also like the Mission Pedals
"music heals"

culturejam

^^ nice suggestion. I don't have a volume pedal.

I just remembered that one of the things I really want is one of various TC Helicon voice effect pedals. I love to sing, but my voice is not exactly award-winning. I need a little help...a lot of help sometimes.

The Voicetone Harmony GXT looks about right. Pitch correction, harmony, reverb/delay...hmmm.

icecycle66

Yeah, get one of those voice pedals and demo to t n guitar.

pickdropper

Actually, a volume pedal would be really useful.

Do they carry Vertex?
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

jimilee

I really dig my volume pedal, and those cool swells are kick ass if you play a slide and use delay.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

hoodoo

Ukulele  :) seem to be popular these days. If you are looking at the TC helicon stuff, i've got a harmony singer that is great, as long as you play the right chords and sing in tune, that is  ;)

RobA

Quote from: hoodoo on August 14, 2014, 05:38:30 AM
Ukulele  :) seem to be popular these days. If you are looking at the TC helicon stuff, i've got a harmony singer that is great, as long as you play the right chords and sing in tune, that is  ;)
My son has one of the Yamaha Guitalele things. Its build quality is a bit suspect as is its intonation, but it is fun and I find myself grabbing it to just fiddle with all the time.

I'd love to get a cheap but good mandolin. There are plenty of them out there in the $100-$200 range, but I have no idea if any of them are even useful as an instrument.
Affiliations: Music Unfolding (musicunfolding.com), software based effects and Rock•it Frog (rock.it-frog.com), DIY effects (coming soon).