News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

How It's Made: Tubes

Started by lincolnic, August 11, 2014, 04:16:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lincolnic

Some of you may have seen this already, but it was new to me and I thought it was pretty neat.

chromesphere

Cool video Lincoln, that's a pretty fancy tube.  Never heard of KR Audio before, I assume the tube featured in the video is ...something... like this:

Scroll down for the price :o

https://tubedepot.com/t/brands/kr-audio
Pedal Parts Shop              Youtube

alanp

Gotta remember that 300B and 2A3 valves are typically bought by audiophiles who want low power single-ended-triode amps powering their ultra-efficient speakers.

Cheap bastards like me are more likely to consider ST70 clones that use EL34's. They're pentode, which audiophiles seem to consider dirtier than triode.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

Leevibe

Great video. Thanks for sharing.

Quote from: alanp on August 11, 2014, 07:30:35 AM
Gotta remember that 300B and 2A3 valves are typically bought by audiophiles who want low power single-ended-triode amps powering their ultra-efficient speakers.

Cheap bastards like me are more likely to consider ST70 clones that use EL34's. They're pentode, which audiophiles seem to consider dirtier than triode.

Agreed. I wish I could afford to build the Bob Latino ST70 and the Crites "Cornscala." for 2 channel listening. None of this is true audiophile but I think I'm more interested in impact and feel than in pure accuracy. I'm also interested in picking up a pair of the original "Large Advent" speakers to pair with my 20wpc Marantz. And I would love to own a pair of Bose 901's. There, I said it. But it doesn't matter because I can't afford any of it anyway. :)

micromegas

'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease

Software Developer @ bela.io