Gnomepage - DIY effects library & stuff in the Stompage bit
"I excite very large doom for days" - playpunk

Leevibe

GermanCdn

Quote from: Leevibe on August 13, 2014, 05:42:18 PM
Quote from: GermanCdn on August 13, 2014, 05:37:34 PM
Afterlife + Bloviator = magic

http://www.madbeanpedals.com/forum/index.php?topic=7191.msg61762#msg61762

That's cool. Are you still running it with your strat or have you moved on?

My pedal boards currently in the process of being rotated through, I haven't used it for a few months, I replaced it with a Fatpants/Afterlife combo with an FX loop.  I do also have a multibuild with an Afterlife, a Bloviator, and a Fatpants, but it's in the "Needs to be boxed" pile with 30 other circuits.  I'm either really busy or really lazy.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

GermanCdn

The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Morgan

Quote from: GrindCustoms on August 13, 2014, 05:08:39 PMI used to have one of the earlier 2 channel sonic maximizer with line level in and out aswell as instrument level in/outs.

It worked excellent in some crappy basement gigs to have some sort «air» happening.
Pretty sure it would give you the goods.

I also have 2 Bloviator made with the older etched layout. Very legit to the original it's based on.
Thanks Rej - that brings up something I've been wondering about, and I know that you know your mixers. If planning to insert something like this into the effects loop of a mixer (post pre amp/channel eq), do you think the input would need to be padded down? I assume the signal at that point is line level. You think it would distort the bloviator?
Moderator at BYOC, still sometimes futz around with Leila Vintage Electronics.

Old Blog...

Leevibe

Here's a pic of the bloviator I did. It's the only enclosure etch I've tried. I never did get the right knobs on it. I wanted to do tele style brass knobs with a distressed kind of finish.

GrindCustoms

Quote from: Morgan on August 13, 2014, 05:50:37 PM
Quote from: GrindCustoms on August 13, 2014, 05:08:39 PMI used to have one of the earlier 2 channel sonic maximizer with line level in and out aswell as instrument level in/outs.

It worked excellent in some crappy basement gigs to have some sort «air» happening.
Pretty sure it would give you the goods.

I also have 2 Bloviator made with the older etched layout. Very legit to the original it's based on.
Thanks Rej - that brings up something I've been wondering about, and I know that you know your mixers. If planning to insert something like this into the effects loop of a mixer (post pre amp/channel eq), do you think the input would need to be padded down? I assume the signal at that point is line level. You think it would distort the bloviator?

Pretty sure it will clip the hell out of it, mixing board insert are usually line level.. so you would need to put together a converting box, Line to Instrument for the input and Instrument to line for the output. For the input, there's some very affordable transformer with couple resistors that are used as re-amp box... dang.. the name of the site is escaping me.. and i've built couple of those boxes for buddys.... and you could then use the simple 9V powered  Line Driver from Thomas_H here for the balanced out (works flawlessly that thing). All in all the converting box including the enclosure would run you around 25$. And the whole thing could be easily installed in a 1590BBT for ease of work... and no need for XLR 3pin.. most boards have their inserts with 1/4 inch jacks.

I'll find the the link to the Line to Instrument transformer and link it..

Edit: Edcor Transformer it is!

http://www.diyrecordingequipment.com/4085/how-to-build-diy-reamp/

And while i'm at it, Thomas line driver:
http://diy.thcustom.com/shop/balanced-line-driver-v1-0-pcb/
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

jubal81

@Leevibe
That etch is super sweet. Nice pedal!
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

Leevibe

Quote from: jubal81 on August 13, 2014, 07:00:37 PM
@Leevibe
That etch is super sweet. Nice pedal!

Thanks. It didn't really come out the way I wanted it to. It should have had filigree work around the corners and old west font for the control names. Some day I will give etching another go.