News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

EHX Worm Schematic?

Started by GrindCustoms, July 31, 2014, 05:00:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrindCustoms

I think that my searching abilities on the internet sucks really bad.... ::)

Can't seem to find the schem for this and i have a big box one making is way to me and i'd like to get inside of it.

If anyone have a verified schem of this circuit it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Rej
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

GrindCustoms

Found some threads about it on FSB, but none of the schem links work...meh...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

midwayfair

We could design a workalike. Or do you need it for a repair?

culturejam

A couple years ago, Austin Zilts (ColdCraft Effects) posted a workalike schematic on circuitworkshop. But apparently rnagoda got tired of hosting it, so the forum is gone now.
Partner and Product Developer at Function f(x).
My Personal Site with Effects Projects

micromegas

Quote from: GrindCustoms on July 31, 2014, 06:20:48 AM
Found some threads about it on FSB, but none of the schem links work...meh...

I found this one: http://freestompboxes.org/download/file.php?id=1582&mode=view

Liquitone at DYSB has built a clone of this one, so maybe he has a verified schematic.
'My favorite programming language is solder' - Bob Pease

Software Developer @ bela.io

LaceSensor

ive got a big box worm
its neat, but noisy. there are some things you can do, mod-wise, to improve that.

I have some notes somewhere...let me dig them out

GrindCustoms

Quote from: midwayfair on July 31, 2014, 01:29:14 PM
We could design a workalike. Or do you need it for a repair?

The unit i bought i fully functionnal.... well from the ebay listing and came with PSU for 50$ ;D

I want to do some mods on it, because that i've found bunch of info with the part numbering and value, but could'nt find the schem to put everything together in my head.

And yes, i think it's a pretty versatile box, might check to see wich of the modes i prefer the most and convert it to a DIY project with simplified switching and all that... i dunno yet, just speaking on top of my head.

Quote from: culturejam on July 31, 2014, 03:05:18 PM
A couple years ago, Austin Zilts (ColdCraft Effects) posted a workalike schematic on circuitworkshop. But apparently rnagoda got tired of hosting it, so the forum is gone now.

I've went to log onto the CW.. and saw it was gone... have'nt bummed Rnagoda about it, will probably happen sometime this evening... thinking of it, he probably let it go because of his move but at the same time, once he's installed again he's getting full force in pedal building... dunno how that will turn out. No choice but to spam him! :D

Quote from: LaceSensor on July 31, 2014, 04:56:56 PM
ive got a big box worm
its neat, but noisy. there are some things you can do, mod-wise, to improve that.

I have some notes somewhere...let me dig them out

I've found most of those mods, they are linked in the thread that Adan posted :)

In the meanwhile... Bean sent me a schem to look at by email, thanks mang!

lincolnic

Quote from: culturejam on July 31, 2014, 03:05:18 PM

Try archive.org?

culturejam

^^ That will likely pull up the page, but usually attachments aren't included in the archive.

wgc

True. Sometimes the files are still on the server and the archived link still works.

Worth a shot
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

GrindCustoms

I have the factory schematic that i will completely re-draw accordingly to the pedal i'll have in hand.

Will also take out the EHX bypass switching and add a charge pump setup with Vreg in the schem.

That way i'll be OK to publish to the masses without being sued, i think.

selfdestroyer

Quote from: GrindCustoms on August 01, 2014, 06:59:12 PM
I have the factory schematic that i will completely re-draw accordingly to the pedal i'll have in hand.

Will also take out the EHX bypass switching and add a charge pump setup with Vreg in the schem.

Call me excited. I really love all the redesigns of the EHX stuff lately. They have been fun to build and it been a peace of mind to leave the vintage stuff home.

Cody

GrindCustoms

Quote from: selfdestroyer on August 01, 2014, 08:44:24 PM

Call me excited. I really love all the redesigns of the EHX stuff lately. They have been fun to build and it been a peace of mind to leave the vintage stuff home.

Cody

Yeah, i do really like the old EHX stuff, size and sometime noise factor don't make them pedalboard friendly to me.

Ill leave the truly complicated circuits to Brian, Pete and Keefe...  :P

Behold for the «FluffGirl» and others that i have to make my mind on the name....lol

Scruffie

Oo, the factory schematic for that is missing from my collection, think you could e-mail me a copy?
Works at Lectric-FX

culturejam

You probably have it, but I bought the Memory Man Stereo schematic for one I was repairing. It's the 7811B version (dated 1982). If you want it, let me know.