News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

KinkyLady

Started by GrindCustoms, July 30, 2014, 06:14:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrindCustoms

IvIark / Mirosol Dr.Quack vero layout, with LED fun!

Purple anodized distress, still trying to find my way with that stuff, there's something to do with it, but what! :-\

Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

wgc

Cool

I love that purple, and actually in general.  But you're right, it can be hard to get it all working in just the right way. I don't see much wrong here...  Is that purple over black, or is that copper underneath?
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

selfdestroyer

Reminds me of..

not sure why.

Cody

GrindCustoms

Quote from: wgc on July 30, 2014, 12:05:03 PM
Cool

I love that purple, and actually in general.  But you're right, it can be hard to get it all working in just the right way. I don't see much wrong here...  Is that purple over black, or is that copper underneath?

Thanks, i think i just need to add layers of other paint colors before applying the anodized finish.

This one was a matte black base coat, unless i want to have bright colors to be very bright i'll use grey primer, otherwise it's always black first.

I also did another build in blue with the same anodized rattle can, if i can just debug it.....lol

Quote from: selfdestroyer on July 30, 2014, 12:09:11 PM
Reminds me of..

not sure why.

Cody

Not sure.... probably the Kinky! ;D

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

wgc

I'm unashamed to note that that is one of my favorite albums, though I didn't like it at first. :)   Also interesting that album doesn't have a bass.   The movie is probably best forgotten except for apollonia.

You should think about the translucent qualities of the top color and play off different base colors. Could be really interesting.

Also, I think this is post 666 for me, so take it all under advisement.
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

GrindCustoms

Quote from: wgc on July 30, 2014, 06:49:54 PM
I'm unashamed to note that that is one of my favorite albums, though I didn't like it at first. :)   Also interesting that album doesn't have a bass.   The movie is probably best forgotten except for apollonia.

You should think about the translucent qualities of the top color and play off different base colors. Could be really interesting.

Also, I think this is post 666 for me, so take it all under advisement.

Hails to the Beast! lml

Never really listened to that album, don't know if i should either...

Agreed, that the base coat will make the whole difference on how the translucent color will pop. Sunday, i'll be in the hardware stores looking for options.

diablochris6

That led switching is pretty awesome. And I would recommend listening to that album at least once, at least for Prince's underrated guitar work.
Build guides of my original designs and modifications here

lincolnic

I know this is Rej we're talking about, but this pedal is still way too neat for a vero build.

GrindCustoms

Quote from: diablochris6 on July 31, 2014, 01:32:48 AM
That led switching is pretty awesome. And I would recommend listening to that album at least once, at least for Prince's underrated guitar work.

Ok, i'll listen to it while populating stuff, too much pressure! haha

Quote from: lincolnic on August 01, 2014, 02:43:16 AM
I know this is Rej we're talking about, but this pedal is still way too neat for a vero build.

Ha! Thanks mate, i'm soon attacking a layout that have been a plague to Juan to wire up... might be the reason why he sent me a pcb with the key components so i suffer a bit....

GrindCustoms

Ok, so i listened to Prince, nothing to be un-liked from that guitar playing. Thanks for making me listen to him. :)

At the beginning of the song purple rain, is that flange or chorus on the guitar? Sounded like «zero-flange» to me, really liked that!

rullywowr

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

selfdestroyer

rullywowr

"Cleanse yourself with the waters of lake Minnetonka"

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

pickdropper

Wow, looks great, Rej.  Indeed that is very clean vero work.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper

Justus

What do you mean by "applying the anodized finish"?  I've been under the assumption that these boxes, being die cast aluminum and not milled, contain too many impurities to properly anodize.  And also an anodize layer isn't something that's painted on, per say, so I'm confused as to what process you did for the enclosure.

That said, it's a very nice looking build.  Clean wiring and neat board too!