News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

A Klone for a Klon !?!

Started by GrindCustoms, July 29, 2014, 11:56:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrindCustoms

Couple months ago i came up with the Shootout for Science idea that JakeFuzz have run like a champ but to complete the whole testing we needed a Klon. So i took that task of sourcing one...

A good friend of me owns a Silver Klon and had let me know some time ago that he would let it go for a fair price if i was able to build him a klone that would be exactly like it's Silver, he had demoed some of the previous production Chimaera and knew how they where sounding compared to the genuine.

I've been a slacker on this.. but at the same time, Keith @ BYOC started to work on the Silver Pony Overdrive Kit and found some differences between the Chittum schem and what he actually had in hand... Karma is sometime cool.... so i should have a faithfull klone in hand at the moment.

My buddy was suppose to ship out the Klon to JakeFuzz before i get him the klone but he changed his mind over that....

Anyway... here it is.

Klone also have Fat & Growl voicing switch, RottenKomp (LoveSqueeze) is 18V supplied by the output of the klone charge pump.

Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

selfdestroyer

Match made in heaven there.. I really like the countersunk holes for the LEDs and the short shaft toggle. Awesome job as usual with the finish. I am a huge fan of the orange and black you have been using.

Cody

GrindCustoms

Quote from: selfdestroyer on July 30, 2014, 04:01:38 AM
Match made in heaven there.. I really like the countersunk holes for the LEDs and the short shaft toggle. Awesome job as usual with the finish. I am a huge fan of the orange and black you have been using.

Cody

Thanks Cody :)

That Comp/OD combo is just perfect, complements each other very well, with the added gain and low end offered by the Bloom control on Comp and Growl switch (Removes 390nf for a 100pf, mod someone did here that i don't remember but that rocked solidly!) It's one hell of a beast, highly recommended :)

I've been using some Copper, Orange and Gold (for this one) a lot lately... it seems to work well together.

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

joe_larsouille

hi

i'm french guy excuse me for my english... ^^
this klone seems good, have you the pcb and implementation schema ?

GrindCustoms

Quote from: joe_larsouille on August 02, 2014, 09:20:40 AM
hi

Bonjour Joe, oui j'ai le schéma et circuits imprimé. En fait tu as plusieurs options si tu veux te construire un klone. Madbean offre le «SunkingII», j'offre pour ma part la «Chimaera» dont tu peux trouver les informations en suivant le lien dans ma signature.

Cheers!

Rej

JakeFuzz

It's all good man! If I had a pedal that valuable I probably wouldn't be shipping it off either! I live in LA so I am sure one of these days ill run into someone who can bring one over for testing.

This thing looks beautiful as always. Those inset LED bezels look incredible; do you do that with a step drill? I love this combo on my board. Great for those singing almost clean tones  ;D

GrindCustoms

Quote from: JakeFuzz on August 02, 2014, 07:21:56 PM
It's all good man! If I had a pedal that valuable I probably wouldn't be shipping it off either! I live in LA so I am sure one of these days ill run into someone who can bring one over for testing.

This thing looks beautiful as always. Those inset LED bezels look incredible; do you do that with a step drill? I love this combo on my board. Great for those singing almost clean tones  ;D

Thanks Paul, still sorry about that time lapse.  :-\

I do use my step drill bit to countersunk them, i first drill the 1/8th hole for the LED as i drill all my other pilot holes and when i move onto the bulky step drill to bore at size, just do a «pass by feeling» in the led holes... ..et voilà! :)

That combo is seriously unbeatable, i've rarely combined 2 effects that worked that good together. Rothwell comp at 18V is a thing of beauty.  ;D

nzCdog

love the enclosure finish reg!

joe_larsouille

Quote from: GrindCustoms on August 02, 2014, 10:01:23 AM
Quote from: joe_larsouille on August 02, 2014, 09:20:40 AM
hi

Bonjour Joe, oui j'ai le schéma et circuits imprimé. En fait tu as plusieurs options si tu veux te construire un klone. Madbean offre le «SunkingII», j'offre pour ma part la «Chimaera» dont tu peux trouver les informations en suivant le lien dans ma signature.

Cheers!

Rej

Merci :)

GrindCustoms