News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Brazen Bull!

Started by GrindCustoms, July 28, 2014, 04:35:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrindCustoms

This started on a day that i wanted to buy Jason's (jubal81) breadboard after seeing a pic of something he was prototyping and appeared to be VERY interesting.

The Brazen Bull, 4in1 dirt machine that shares all the same controls that are Volume, Gain, Bass and Treble and via a smooth action rotary switch choose between a Boost, Jfet Muu, 4049 based dirt and a Muff! And to make it even more «grandiose», uBer badass stacked pcb layout! :o

I have rocked it a bit before boxing it when it first arrived, really liked the versatility of it, wanted to rock it in my current setup before we look at fine tuning it, very impressive so far.

So far in all the layouts that i've boxed, this is the most ingenious and well thinkered/ergonomic one i've used. Very clever! 8)

Most of all, Thanks Jason! Very nice from you to give me the opportunity to try this circuit.  ;D

Rej
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

alanp

Quote from: GrindCustoms on July 28, 2014, 04:35:15 AM
The Brazen Bull, 4in1 dirt machine that shares all the same controls that are Volume, Gain, Bass and Treble and via a smooth action rotary switch choose between a Boost, Jfet Muu, 4049 based dirt and a Muff! And to make it even more «grandiose», uBer badass stacked pcb layout! :o

That is pretty damn cool. Those switches are not cheap, though!

The stacked circuit boards is fairly common in Euro-rack synth world, due to the squished space available (compared to the relatively spacious Moog format.)

There's enough clearance there, then?
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

GrindCustoms

Quote from: alanp on July 28, 2014, 04:40:03 AM
Quote from: GrindCustoms on July 28, 2014, 04:35:15 AM

That is pretty damn cool. Those switches are not cheap, though!

The stacked circuit boards is fairly common in Euro-rack synth world, due to the squished space available (compared to the relatively spacious Moog format.)

There's enough clearance there, then?

I've also seen stacked pcb in the synth stuff but first time that i use one for a pedal.  ;D

Top pcb is still around 3mm deeper than the edge of the 1590B sidewall and with the low profile components there a gap between the components side of top pcb and enclosed jack. Plenty of clearence!

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

Stomptown

WoW! That is just awesome Rej!  8)

jubal81

Holy hell, I can't believe you have that boxed already.  :o
Stole my thunda. Now I have to go do a thread, lol.
"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

selfdestroyer

That is soooo cool. I love the idea and the execution of it. Can't wait until the boards are available to the masses to play with.

Cody

Tremster

As said in Jubals's thread: great, great, great!

cooder

BigNoise Amplification

LaceSensor

thats outstanding

Im not sure I need it but I would like to build one!

wgc

What, no distressed copper electroplate?

Sweet job rej
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

lincolnic

Quote from: LaceSensor on July 28, 2014, 09:43:35 AM
thats outstanding

Im not sure I need it but I would like to build one!

I'm not sure I'd like to build one but I need it!

(I'd like to build one.)

GrindCustoms

Many thanks to everybody for the comments :)

Quote from: wgc on July 28, 2014, 06:39:54 PM
What, no distressed copper electroplate?

Sweet job rej

Hehe, if i had the equipment, don't worry that i be going nuts with all this. ;)

wgc

That makes two of us...!

But really cool how both of these builds came out so amazing
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

GrindCustoms

Quote from: wgc on July 29, 2014, 01:50:47 AM
That makes two of us...!

But really cool how both of these builds came out so amazing

Thanks mate :)

Like it can be seen in the guts picture i've kept quite a good length of wire for the pcb connection, time to pop it out and make some updates! ;D