News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Yet another Klon Klone build

Started by eddiebeer, July 27, 2014, 11:19:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eddiebeer

Thanks for the kudo's!!  I should have clarified - this is the 3rd pedal that I've built but the first where everything didn't come in a kit.  My biggest fear was ordering the wrong values of capacitor & only figuring that out after it didn't work.

The OA126's are pretty sweet.  They measured 0.67 FV so they have a very clean boost sort of sound but awesome overall.  I just tried some OA1160's in there as well (~0.39 FV).  They sound incredible.  Earlier breakup and a very amp-like overdriven tones.  Super brittle though - I broke 2 of them just trying to bend the leads. Good tip on the D9E's, I'll look for some of those to try as well!

gtangas

nice build... clean and sweet wiring!

keep on building Man!!

icecycle66

Holy carp, dude.
That is fantastic.

playpunk

I just bought 100 d9e's and 200 d9l's. So they're still up on the 'bay. Why do I now own 300 more or less identical GE diodes? I dunno.
"my legend grows" - playpunk

ncdb07

Quote from: eddiebeer on July 27, 2014, 11:19:06 PM
Hi All,

First time post and (relative) newbie pedal build that I thought I'd share.  I've read a ton from members on this forum for advice & component choices so thanks for sharing your knowledge!  Special thanks to ncdb07 for the pics of your immaculate wiring & layout - definitely inspired me to take my time & make it a clean build.

Next time I'll go without the bezel on the LED and position it on the end of the gun.

Cheers,

That is a great looking build! Very nice work! I have been away for the last 8 weeks or so for training in Wisconsin or I would have noticed this sooner. I appreciate the comments about my build as well. Keep up the great work!

ncdbo7
Daniel
ncdb07
Daniel

eddiebeer

Thanks for the props! If I do another one of these, I'm going to try incorporating clipping diode switching with a small external toggle. Have you ever seen a breakout board for this purpose?

ncdb07

They are out of stock right now but I think you mean something like this: http://www.guitarpcb.com/apps/webstore/products/show/3186804
ncdb07
Daniel

eddiebeer

Yes! That's exactly I'm looking for. Thanks for the tip!

aion