News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Yet another Klon Klone build

Started by eddiebeer, July 27, 2014, 11:19:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eddiebeer

Hi All,

First time post and (relative) newbie pedal build that I thought I'd share.  I've read a ton from members on this forum for advice & component choices so thanks for sharing your knowledge!  Special thanks to ncdb07 for the pics of your immaculate wiring & layout - definitely inspired me to take my time & make it a clean build.

Next time I'll go without the bezel on the LED and position it on the end of the gun.

Cheers,

eddiebeer

madbean

Super wiring work. That is 100% pro looking!

eddiebeer

Exterior (eroded some of the ink on the decals but I know better for next time)!

eddiebeer

Thanks for the props!  I have a Madbean Wah next on my hit list!

upthepunxxx

Wake up and smell the noise!!

jimilee

Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

jubal81

"If you put all the knobs on your amplifier on 10 you can get a much higher reaction-to-effort ratio with an electric guitar than you can with an acoustic."
- David Fair

eddiebeer

Thanks guys.  I also so keep the clipping diodes in case. I'm running the OA126's and they sound awesome. Any suggestions for others to try?

selfdestroyer

Great looking build. Super clean looking. Also, welcome to the forum. I look forward to seeing you wah.

Cody

Tremster

Haha, "(relative) newbie".
Fantastic work!

GrindCustoms

Can't see a single trace of newb in there, beautiful job!
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/

TGP39

Quote from: eddiebeer on July 28, 2014, 03:01:04 AM
Thanks guys.  I also so keep the clipping diodes in case. I'm running the OA126's and they sound awesome. Any suggestions for others to try?

First off, amazing build and wiring. Second, those OA126's are suppose to be the best. You may also like to try the Russian D9E diodes. Supposedly, these were sometimes used in the Silver Centaurs. Cheers, Steve.
Follow me on Instagram under PharmerFx.

jprizz

Wow! The level of "Newbie" sure has increased around here. Nice work!

pickdropper

That wiring is a lot better than I see on a lot of the other Klon clones kicking around.  Very nice job.
Function f(x)
Follow me on Instagram as pickdropper