News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Internal Switches for Sunking II

Started by dondougie, July 27, 2014, 04:29:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dondougie

Hi guys,
I'm planning my SKII build and was wondering if there are switches that would fit on the PCB; I'd like to have all the options coupled with a clean exterior. Maybe there are some mini slide switches that I don't know of?
Thanks
Andre

spin

You're looking for DIP switches. I don't have the build doc in front of me, but I think you'll need two 2-pos switches.

http://www.mouser.com/Electromechanical/Switches/DIP-Switches-SIP-Switches/_/N-5g2s?P=1z0z2y5Z1z0x3z9Z1z0z5ndZ1z0z2xxZ1z0z68l&Keyword=dip+switch&FS=True

Measure your pin spacing to be sure.

rullywowr

For the "Clip" and "Fat" pads, I would recommend getting some 2.54mm pin headers and some "jumper shunts" which fit over the top of them.  They cost pennies and have tons of uses.  Since the spacing is 2.54mm (.100") they will undoubtedly come in handy.  Secure enough not to fall off, but easy enough to change with your hand (or a pair of needle nose pliers).  They have jumpers with a longer "tail" for easier grabbing too.

Here is a picture of this in action on one of my projects, (don't mind the fact I burned it with my iron...ooops)

Here is a link to Tayda 2.54 headers:
http://www.taydaelectronics.com/connectors-sockets/pin-headers/40-pin-2-54-mm-single-row-pin-header-strip.html

Here is a link to Tayda jumper shunts:
http://www.taydaelectronics.com/mini-jumper-2-54mm-gold-plated-closed-cover.html

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!

selfdestroyer

I did the same as rully and it worked perfectly. I love working with those jumpers since it reminds me of the IDE hard drives and you had to set one as "master" and the other to "slave" to get 2 hard drives working in your computer.. ah, the good ol days. lol

Cody

alanp

What do you mean, good old days? Getting networking going in DOS was hell. So was trying to rework your config.sys and autoexec.bat for the tenth freaking time so that the latest bloody game would run, WITH sound.
"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken."
- Terry Pratchett
My OSHpark shared projects
My website

selfdestroyer

Quote from: alanp on July 29, 2014, 07:32:21 PM
What do you mean, good old days? Getting networking going in DOS was hell. So was trying to rework your config.sys and autoexec.bat for the tenth freaking time so that the latest bloody game would run, WITH sound.

Haha sounds like we both grew up in a IT atmosphere at a early budding time of technology. Doesn't mean we're old just seasoned. Lol

dondougie

thanks, those jumpers are perfect, exactly what I had in mind!

I didn't know there were SIP spdt's; they look really useful for boards with more space.

Justus

Quote from: alanp on July 29, 2014, 07:32:21 PM

Haha!  I ended up with about 20 different 5.25" floppy "boot disks" with different config.sys and autoexec.bat files for different games.