Main Menu

Best/Cheapest way to mail pedals - US

Started by PhiloB, July 24, 2014, 08:08:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Govmnt_Lacky

Quote from: culturejam on July 26, 2014, 05:12:09 AM
Quote from: Alaboogie on July 25, 2014, 10:08:26 PM
IMO first class doesn't have tracking

First Class absolutely has tracking, and it doesn't cost extra.

If you print your labels on USPS.com or through PayPal, every option has tracking.

I think I can clarify this....

First Class DOES have tracking HOWEVER, the tracking is only internal to the USPS. You cannot go onto their site and actually "track" the letter/package. You HAVE TO pay extra for tracking with First Class.

Priority DOES come with tracking that can be used, by the shipper, to track the item online.

Justus

If you want to ship via 1st Class AND print your label online, you can use PayPal's portal regardless of whether the buyer used PayPal (or gifted the payment).  You just have to go to this link:  https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_ship-now

From there you'll log-in to your PayPal account (or not, if you're already logged in) and you'll have to manually put in the address for the buyer.  This, combined with a cheap digital kitchen scale, is how I've shipped TONS of stuff on the cheap (mostly paintball related).

rullywowr

I just shipped a 1590b build inside it's own small pedal sized white box, packed with paper, and put in a 6x6x6. Total weight was 15oz. It was $5.75 to ship priority mail and actually more expensive for parcel.

I use Endicia now, but I have shipped a ton of stuff with PayPal "ship now" as mentioned. Great little "hidden" feature and you can ship anything even if you didn't sell on eBay.

DIY Guitar Pedal PCB projects!