News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Ampeg Ginger

Started by diablochris6, July 24, 2014, 05:41:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

diablochris6

Based off of the ROG Ginger pedal, I designed this pcb to fit in a 125B for my dad who wants that warm blues/Motown thump through his Steinberg bass and Peavy amp.I kept having issues with the etch, so the logo is part etch and part paintbrush. I used a gold metallic rattle can, and the gold pops a little more in person. Fun sounding circuit with a bass, and you can get a pretty decent response with a guitar too. I will definitely build one for myself in the future.

Build guides of my original designs and modifications here

muddyfox

Nice!

Is that pot glued in?

diablochris6

Mmmm, no. The pot isn't glued. Are you referring to the bottom right pot on the internal shot? That is just a shadow on the molding pattern of the enclosure.

jimilee

That's really cool, I built this circuit for my bass also. Is that an osh park board?
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.

wgc

nice job, your dad will be super stoked!

cool that he's using a steinberger too, lots of cool sounds to be had
always the beautiful answer who asks a more beautiful question.
e.e. cummings

mcasemo

i can't even get past the "iron-on-mask-to-enclosure" phase of etching, looks great to me. 

diablochris6

Yes, Jimi, it is an OSHPark board. Did it to practice my Eagle skills and so I could get an extra board or two for me. I realized after the fact that someone makes some of these already, but they do a better job; they can fit theirs in a 1590B.

mcasemo, for some reason, the mask didn't work this time for me. It was quite a convoluted process that ended up with me doing what I should have done at first, free-hand the design with a brush.

wgc, the Steinberger is pretty cool. I refer to it as "The Bass From The Future." The funny thing is that my dad really just wants to play blues and Motown songs, songs that you don't associate with that bass! Plus, it's  a 5-stringer. Too much bass for me. I will stick to my 4-string J-bass, thank you!

jimilee

Mine is an etched board in a 1590b. I have a love hate relationship with those. I don't like the power being next to the I input jack.
Pedal building is like the opposite of sex.  All the fun stuff happens before you get in the box.