Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Lowrider

Started by Bils86, July 22, 2014, 07:04:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bils86

Here is my Lowrider

Long to build, but fun to play.

Socketed C10 and C12 but I left the stock values. Used 2n5457 transistors as suggested, I can confirm it sounds better than the stock 2SK30

flanagan0718

Nice build man! I love the graphics and neat wiring.

Bret608

Yeah, looks really good! I love how my unboxed one sounds. I've pretty much settled on a bare metal look for mine as well, and have been questioning folks who have done so successfully. So, my questions are:

1) Did you do any sanding on the enclosure? If so, what grits?
2) Is that a waterslide decal?
3) What kind of clearcoat did you find looked good with this--something glossier, or more "matte"?

Thanks!

Bret

selfdestroyer

Simply awesome. Love the artwork, reminds me of high school. I used to help people with their impalas in welding/shop class. haha the things you learn in a ghetto high school. lol

Cody

Bils86

Quote from: Bret608 on July 22, 2014, 08:20:43 PM
Yeah, looks really good! I love how my unboxed one sounds. I've pretty much settled on a bare metal look for mine as well, and have been questioning folks who have done so successfully. So, my questions are:

1) Did you do any sanding on the enclosure? If so, what grits?
2) Is that a waterslide decal?
3) What kind of clearcoat did you find looked good with this--something glossier, or more "matte"?

Thanks!

Bret

Thanks !

1) Yes, lightly at 300, just in order to clean enclosure surface.
2) Yes
3) It is a satin clearcoat found in my local store. In fact I always use the same because all my glossy attempts were great failures...

Bils

muddyfox

so many greenies! i dont remember seeing much of them outside of vero builds... i think they look great, too bad they get bulky quickly

chuckbuick