News:

Forum may be experiencing issues.

Main Menu

Attn: Canadian builders

Started by zilla, July 22, 2014, 06:09:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davent

Not anymore, some labelled Made in Taiwan (shrinkwrap label) Made in EU (part of molding) 1590J is a  Eddystone 10758P so no idea of origin.  I believe Eddystone was aquired by Hammond.

All the transformers i had still say Made in Canada but enclosures, it's been a number of years.
"If you always do what you always did- you always get what you always got." - Unknown

If my photos are missing again... they're hosted by photobucket... and as of 06/2017 being held hostage... to be continued?

zilla

Quote from: davent on July 22, 2014, 05:34:43 PM

Small Bear's shipping on 10 Taiwan 'b's to Canada is $41US, Mouser's shipping is $8us granted the Hammonds (also no doubt made in Taiwan) will run you a total of 50ยข more on the 10  and they may collect some sales tax, what am i missing here?
dave

mouser will ship fedex prioritiy for $20 with no worries about fees, duties, or taxes.  that being said, the colour selection from mouser is crap - i prefer the colours and finishes at smallbear.

also the black enclosures from mouser have a rough texture whereas the black ones from smallbear are gloss black.

zilla

Quote from: GermanCdn on July 22, 2014, 04:45:40 PM
Hold on, you live in Calgary?  There's another one of us here?  For some reason I thought you lived in Mississauga.  What area of the city?

I live in the deeeeep SW in somerset.

I work 2 blocks from the stampede grounds.

You?

GermanCdn

Douglasdale.  Used to live on Somerset Drive.
The only known cure in the world for GAS is death.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

ddog

I usually get mine through a store called "Sayal". There are pedal builders in the area, so the 1590b/1590bb boxes are in great demand. But I can usually snag one before they run out.

GrindCustoms

If you have a self employed status, you have a provincial tax number.

Simply open an account directly with Hammond MFG, totally worth it. ;)
Killing Unicorns, day after day...

Building a better world brick by brick:https://rebrickable.com/users/GrindingBricks/mocs/